Calico update

okent

I called Calico yesterday and got a call back today from Chris(if I remember the name right).
They are in the process of posting a video of the .22 upper and waiting on parts for the 9mm and .22 from vendors.
So it looks like there will be a video posted soon, sounded like it would be in the next day or two.
I am a surgeon and got the call right when a patient was being put to sleep so I had to cut the conversation short and didn't get a chance to ask for a timeframe.
Good to get some info and appreciated the call so quick.
Just thought I would share with the community.

garandman

okent said:
I am a surgeon and got the call right when a patient was being put to sleep .....

I didn't think surgeons put people to sleep. I thought only vets did that to pets......

Anyway, did you ask if its still ugly?

:devil

okent

Yes, still ugly...
I usually turn my phone off during surgery but I was between cases when it rang. I didn't recognize the phone number so I went ahead and answered it.
Shortly after I got paged to the room and they already had the patient out and on the table.
I didn't think I should tell them to wait while I was on the phone.:)

3Dreamin

It depends what type of surgeon you are----heart surgeon then yeah get off the phone...plastic surgeon then tell them to wait while you discuss "improvements" to the product to make it more appealling to the masses

gt3499a

3Dreamin said:
It depends what type of surgeon you are----heart surgeon then yeah get off the phone...plastic surgeon then tell them to wait while you discuss "improvements" to the product to make it more appealling to the masses

I am figuring on my upper needing plastic surgery when it arrives. Hope it runs good on cheap 22's!

okent

Well,this was a 5 year old kid asleep on the table. If it was my daughter I would want the surgeon to get to work.
Not a big deal but the shorter the anesthetic time, the smaller the risk in my book.
The guy I talked to was really nice and confirmed what i was thinking, that he wouldn't release the upper until it was running reliably.
I have seen so many posts on the subcal uppers and the problems with them and I'll bet Calico has too.

And for garandman: yes, it is still ugly:beer

Shattered

okent said:
I am a surgeon and got the call right when a patient was being put to sleep so I had to cut the conversation short

Ummm. Let's see now. You're a surgeon and you don't know when you've got a procedure coming up?

Or are you Emergency room? :paranoid

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
ER folks never know whats next, but it is bad news if they are 'operating'!

Okent, I'm an ER PA. You coming to UT5? Did I meet you with your son in Tx last year?

Jake

Mike85220

Let us know when you receive yours and hopefully the contractors get their heads out of their (__0_).:bang

WillysWagon

At least you got a call back. A .22lr video will be cool, I'll be watching for it :) .

okent

Shattered said:
Ummm. Let's see now. You're a surgeon and you don't know when you've got a procedure coming up?

Or are you Emergency room? :paranoid

Ear Nose and Throat Surgeon from Oklahoma

That is where I got O.K.E.N.T. from.

Anyone who has worked in an operating room knows that the only major variable is turnover time. One time it is 10 minutes and on the very next case it can be half an hour or longer. That day they just got the next patient back and asleep faster than normal, which is a good problem to have.:) I usually have 10 or more cases on a surgery day so that just means I get to go home earlier, and I don't get paid by the hour.
I know what my operative time is within a couple of minutes on the routine stuff so a quick turnover is nice.

Jmacken37: I can't make it to UT5. I don't think I was in Texas last year at all. I have a brother that is an ER doc in Fargo. You are right on about the ER. When I am on call you never know what is coming in. I sleep light.:chainsaw

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter