Bumper plug detent

A&P Mech

UZI Talk Supporter
Is it possible to replace the detent that keeps the bumper plug from rotating? After every magazine the bumper plug on my Reising vibrates loose and I have to re- tighten it. It isn't obvious to me how the detent is removed from the reciver.

Strangeranger

If it went in, it has to come out but I'll be damned if I can figure it out either. There's no evidence of a roll pin or of it being staked in place that I can find. My Wolff spring kit came with a replacement for the spring but the detail strip/disassembly instructions I have don't touch that part so I never installed it.

BTW my Reising is a late "Numrich" gun and it has two bumper detents, one at 3:00 and the other at 9:00.

A&P Mech

UZI Talk Supporter
My Reising is an early blued 28 fin model. It one has one detent at the 3 O-clock position. I am wondering if it comes out the hole it protruding from? Maybe held in my an internal catch?

Strangeranger

I cross posted this thread on machinegunboards. There are several very experienced Class 3 gunsmiths that frequent that site. I'm hoping one of them responds

A&P Mech

UZI Talk Supporter
According to the post on machinegunboards the back of the reciver is staked to retain the detent. I will take a look at mine and report back. Thanks for the help finding the answer.

Strangeranger

It's not readily apparent at first. The staking tool is round and deforms the entire perimeter of the hole in which the detent sits

A&P Mech

UZI Talk Supporter
I am assuming that the staking tool is rarer than unicorn poop. I might try and machine one up. I need to replace my detent.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter