blueprint of semi bolt needed

slimshady

Thinking seriously about getting a full auto UZI kit and converting it into a semi automatic pistol. As I understand it, if I build on one of those $20 GI shells, I can leave the stock off of it and it will be legally a pistol. No US parts required since 922(r) only applies to rifles and shotguns. As of Monday last week, no worries about weight, bayo lugs, or forearms. Can sell the stock and get some money back.

Now, what do i need to do to the bolt to get it to semi auto specs? Machine away the firing pin and lower feed lips is a given, but what are the dimensions for the striker clearance cut and the exact position of the firing pin hole in the rear? The dims for the bolt blocking bar clearance cut? Anybody with a semi bolt and calipers wanna draw me a picture? I've searched the site for 2 hours now looking for this info but found nothing. Any previous posts with this info? Thanks.

slimshady

Vector also sells the complete gun for $600. This is a do it yourself project primarily due to cost and my lack of discretionary funds.
I figure I can sell the folder stock pretty easy due to the ban sunset, maybe break even on the cost of a feed ramp. Full auto bolt would be harder to sell, and still cost me $70 or so for the completed bolt. Doing the work myself, I figure about $250-300 total.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter