Best place to find FA AK-47???

treedawg

WTK Best place to find FA AK-47???

I've read in other posts here that you can find class III AK-47's in the 5-6k range. Please let me know where you've seen them. I've seen a few FS but all of them were way over that price. I want a AK to complete my small class III collection, but up to now I've been priced out of the market. If you have one or know of one FS in that range please let me know.

I posted a WTB here several weeks ago W/O any responses at any price...

Thanks,
TD

:bounce4

Last edited:

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
post WTB ads on www.subguns.com and www.sturmgewehr.com

BTW $6k is near the bottom of the range. You're not going to get the best AK for that price. For something nice and collectable it will be more. But post a WTB at $6k and you might be surprised what you find.

treedawg

Just when I was ready to give up I located one tonight. It's a Norinco underfolder in 7.62x39. I just hope I can make a deal on it B4 somebody else does. This gun is in the high 5's which is way to much for a AK, but the market sets the price and that's a good price from what I've seen lately....

TD

jt325i

Yeah the cheapest full auto AK's tend to be Chinese makes. They are really worth about $50 but thanks to our government's anti-FA policy that took place in 1986 when they were permanently banned from manufacture for us peons (aka American citizens), they are now worth $5k-$10k.

Last edited:

treedawg

Ok, I wanted an underfolder and assuming I can make this deal work how difficult would it be at a later date to add a full sized stock if I so desire?

TD

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
treedawg said:
Ok, I wanted an underfolder and assuming I can make this deal work how difficult would it be at a later date to add a full sized stock if I so desire?

TD

you can't, the back side of the receivers are cut different, at elast that's what I read once on subguns.com

treedawg

I'm still looking. The Ak-47 sold B4 I could make contact with the seller. I didn't find the weapon until 9:00PM and the seller told me that it sold within the 1st hour after he posted it.....

:cry
TD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter