Anyone used a dead air Wolfman on a lage?

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Looking at the dead air Wolfman suppressors. Curious if any of you have had any experience with this model on a Mac 11 with a max 31 upper?

Deerhurst

Should be just fine. Your ROF may go up slightly vs no can.

I run a hybrid 46 and a F1 can I made on mine.

Apollo80

My first Wolfman manufactured by BP firearms blew apart with a key micro muzzle device on my m11 with a Lage SK upper and speed cube. Got it replaced with a new one manufactured by KG Made (KGM) and has held up so far. Have not used the speed cube with it yet. The key micro muzzle attachment i dont recommend using with this setup. It produces a weird back pressure scenario and changes the cyclic rate up and down. No issues with direct thread or xeno mount.

Slowmo

My first Wolfman manufactured by BP firearms blew apart with a key micro muzzle device on my m11 with a Lage SK upper and speed cube. Got it replaced with a new one manufactured by KG Made (KGM) and has held up so far. Have not used the speed cube with it yet. The key micro muzzle attachment i dont recommend using with this setup. It produces a weird back pressure scenario and changes the cyclic rate up and down. No issues with direct thread or xeno mount.
How gassy is that combination? The MAC family tends to be fairly gassy suppressor hosts IMO, and I've always been under the impression that the Wolfman is a fairly high back pressure suppressor, at least in its full-length configuration.

Deerhurst

Open bolt is just gassy with cans.

Apollo, what was the actual failure? Rupture? Baffle strike?

I've been running KeyMo on everything including my 556 Lage upper with zero issues from 24" barrels to 8" barrels from bolt guns to FA. Zero issues. ASR by SiCo on the other hand has been a PITA and I keep getting cans stuck to the muzzle device with ASR.

Apollo80

How gassy is that combination? The MAC family tends to be fairly gassy suppressor hosts IMO, and I've always been under the impression that the Wolfman is a fairly high back pressure suppressor, at least in its full-length configuration.
Its gassy in full-length configuration but much less than other smaller diameter pistol cans. With it being a high volume can the short config runs great with lower cyclic rate uppers and gas is minimal with subs.

Apollo80

I've been running KeyMo on everything including my 556 Lage upper with zero issues from 24" barrels to 8" barrels from bolt guns to FA. Zero issues. ASR by SiCo on the other hand has been a PITA and I keep getting cans stuck to the muzzle device with ASR.

The can ruptured around the second baffle stack, blew off the mount and ended up shooting it a couple more times while it was flying off. DeadAir said a similar incident happened with one of their mp5s and they believe it was caused from a separated jacket. This was the Key Micro brake and Key Micro mount. I've never had any other issues with the KeyMo mounts as they work great on everything else. It is my opinion that at 1800 rpm the Key Micro brake destabilized the projectile in the blast chamber and sent them on their way out the side.

Attachments

• tapatalk_-2138175615_378x504.jpeg
    tapatalk_-2138175615_378x504.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 14
  • tapatalk_-1381741074_504x378.jpeg
    tapatalk_-1381741074_504x378.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 14
  • tapatalk_-159021086_504x378.jpeg
    tapatalk_-159021086_504x378.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 14

Deerhurst

Not really sure why the micro key mount would have caused an issue unless the mount came loose.

If it was from a jacket separating like DA says theirs was it wouldn't be a mount issue, would be a projo issue. I fully expect a can that gets hit with a bullet to leave the host.

Very interesting and sad to see.

Apollo80

Not really sure why the micro key mount would have caused an issue unless the mount came loose.

If it was from a jacket separating like DA says theirs was it wouldn't be a mount issue, would be a projo issue. I fully expect a can that gets hit with a bullet to leave the host.

Very interesting and sad to see.
The lock up on the keymo system is genius. Problem with Deadair's issue and mine is that I was using heavy plated projectiles loaded to subsonic velocities well under the max speed for plated projectiles. It was sad but glad they honored their warranty and transfered a new one to me.

Deerhurst

I have experienced that with some platforms, but I can't agree with that as a blanket statement. Full-size Uzis are excellent in terms of gas.
I have little experience with the Uzi but I would say they are the exception and not the rule in that case. Hence the blanket statement.

I have no gas issues with my M10 in original, Lage Max31 or Lage Max-15 configurations. My RPK without a can is probably the gassiest thing I own.

Deerhurst

The lock up on the keymo system is genius. Problem with Deadair's issue and mine is that I was using heavy plated projectiles loaded to subsonic velocities well under the max speed for plated projectiles. It was sad but glad they honored their warranty and transfered a new one to me.
Hm, should I be worried about my 165gr plated subs I have been running through my Max31 with a Keymo mount? I have yet to have an issue. I do giggle with how quiet they are.

My cans are 46cal, SiCo Hybrid and a F1 can I turned.

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
Looking at the dead air Wolfman suppressors. Curious if any of you have had any experience with this model on a Mac 11 with a max 31 upper?
Dead Air has earned a reputation of very poor customer support compared to other brands.

From what I’ve read and watched on YouTube I wouldn’t buy one of their cans. My personal experience with Silencerco was better than expected.

$.02

Apollo80

Hm, should I be worried about my 165gr plated subs I have been running through my Max31 with a Keymo mount? I have yet to have an issue. I do giggle with how quiet they are.

My cans are 46cal, SiCo Hybrid and a F1 can I turned.
I highly doubt you'll have issues with the mount on the 31. Im just giving a fair warning on the ones with high cyclic rates with the micro mount. I have a Keymo mount conversion on my AAC SDN6 that I run on my m11/15 all day

Apollo80

Dead Air has earned a reputation of very poor customer support compared to other brands.

From what I’ve read and watched on YouTube I wouldn’t buy one of their cans. My personal experience with Silencerco was better than expected.

$.02
Sadly their reputation has gone to sh**. That whole Sierra 5 fiasco and outsourcing manufacturing with poor QC. I won't purchase anything else from them until they are all in-house manufactured.

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks Guys! What are y’all running for suppressors on the Max11/15?

Garrett

Thanks Guys! What are y’all running for suppressors on the Max11/15?
Triple-X Warrior, built in the ‘90s. It probably weighs as much as the upper does.

Yeah, I need to decide what other .223 can to get for it.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter