Anyone messed with a Title II Arms or Practical Solutions side folding stock?

litfire145

I’m wondering how easily these stocks deploy and if firing them folded is an issue. They both seem to be about the same quality, but the Practical Solutions one is completely welded and the Title II one seems to use set screws to keep the butt plate on.

Any insight or experiences appreciated. Thanks.

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
Gotcha.

My only experience is with the Title II side-folding stock but on the micro which I believe to be well-built, but honestly deep down I think that I would have preferred something more authentic like a parkerized, welded on stock of all steel construction. My version (I believe that this only applies to the Micro) was affixed with fasteners. The only issue that I personally had was that the two machine screws were a bit too long, extending into the receiver and interfering with the buffer however, that was easily sorted. Overall, mine isn't particularly comfortable to shoot but no wire side-folding stock is going to resolve that issue.

With respect to the Practical Solutions folder... I've only seen pictures on their website, but its aesthetics appear to be a little bit truer as it pertains to the spirit of the original style (but the Title II full-size stock is still good looking too).

It appears like both full-size stocks bolt on just like the factory under-folder. If that's right, then no modifications are needed which is great.

Final thoughts: Your selection really boils down to personal preference and despite how much feedback you receive on this particular topic I'm willing to bet that opinions will vary greatly.

Attachments

• IMG_2283.jpg
    IMG_2283.jpg
    842.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

pmf

I much prefer the old fashioned wood stock on my uzi. It snaps on and off in an instant and is rock solid. No modifications.

litfire145

Gotcha.

My only experience is with the Title II side-folding stock but on the micro which I believe to be well-built, but honestly deep down I think that I would have preferred something more authentic like a parkerized, welded on stock of all steel construction. My version (I believe that this only applies to the Micro) was affixed with fasteners. The only issue that I personally had was that the two machine screws were a bit too long, extending into the receiver and interfering with the buffer however, that was easily sorted. Overall, mine isn't particularly comfortable to shoot but no wire side-folding stock is going to resolve that issue.

With respect to the Practical Solutions folder... I've only seen pictures on their website, but its ascetics appear to be a little bit truer as it pertains to the spirit of the original style (but the Title II full-size stock is still good looking too).

It appears like both full-size stocks bolt on just like the factory under-folder. If that's right, then no modifications are needed which is great.

Final thoughts: Your selection really boils down to personal preference and despite how much feedback you receive on this particular topic I'm willing to bet that opinions will vary greatly.
That is exactly the feedback I was looking for. I noticed the Title II stock seemed to have a lot of screws holding it together and for the price I feel it should be welded.

Both have sling loops or swivels it looks like which is a huge plus.

litfire145

I much prefer the old fashioned wood stock on my uzi. It snaps on and off in an instant and is rock solid. No modifications.
The wood stock looks cool but I would like to keep a sling permanently on the rifle. I use this for home defense and do travel with it.

pmf

The wood stock has the exact same sling swivel/mount as what is hanging off the side of the receiver.

And I'd think twice about using it as a home defense gun. Kill an intruder in your house and that might be perfectly legal. Be prepared to have it confiscated for God knows how long and stored in questionable conditions. And expect a civil case regarding the use of excessive force. My bedroom night stand gun is a S&W 686 revolver -- and I would not even put reloads in it. Carrying to around with you? Why? Awful expensive truck gun.

Attachments

• end.jpg
    end.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 9
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 9

litfire145

The wood stock has the exact same sling swivel/mount as what is hanging off the side of the receiver.

And I'd think twice about using it as a home defense gun. Kill an intruder in your house and that might be perfectly legal. Be prepared to have it confiscated for God knows how long and stored in questionable conditions. And expect a civil case regarding the use of excessive force. My bedroom night stand gun is a S&W 686 revolver -- and I would not even put reloads in it. Carrying to around with you? Why? Awful expensive truck gun.

I would like to make it stowed with a stock and sling attached. The factory folding stock twists the sling around and I generally am not a fan of it. I would even consider some sort of folding stock that uses a 1913 rail to attach.

It’s a 9mm handgun with a stock more or less. Can’t imagine the prosecutors in my state would touch it.

If it sits in a damp evidence room for who knows how long, so be it.

I like a little more capacity than a 6 shot revolver. My guns aren’t for showing off at the range or to buddies and they serve a purpose while I own them. If I’m going to have an uzi it’s going to have to pull it’s own weight. If it wasn’t an uzi it would have been a Glock 17 with an X300 or some sort of ak.

litfire145

Scroll down to IC 35-41-3-2 in Section 1. In Indiana if I am found to be justified in a self defense shooting I cannot be sued. If I am found justified in self defense there isn’t a precedent in Indiana to then try for excessive force by a prosecutor.

pmf

I would like to make it stowed with a stock and sling attached. The factory folding stock twists the sling around and I generally am not a fan of it. I would even consider some sort of folding stock that uses a 1913 rail to attach.

It’s a 9mm handgun with a stock more or less. Can’t imagine the prosecutors in my state would touch it.

If it sits in a damp evidence room for who knows how long, so be it.

I like a little more capacity than a 6 shot revolver. My guns aren’t for showing off at the range or to buddies and they serve a purpose while I own them. If I’m going to have an uzi it’s going to have to pull it’s own weight. If it wasn’t an uzi it would have been a Glock 17 with an X300 or some sort of ak.
No, a not a prosecutor, but civil trial lawyer making 1/3 the judgement would have a field day with someone gunning down this woman's poor son with a machine gun. And a jury would eat it up. You don't need more than 6 bullets to dissuade a burglar. In fact, the first one will do the trick.

litfire145

No, a not a prosecutor, but civil trial lawyer making 1/3 the judgement would have a field day with someone gunning down this woman's poor son with a machine gun. And a jury would eat it up. You don't need more than 6 bullets to dissuade a burglar. In fact, the first one will do the trick.
Nice opinion but it is just that, opinion. Please read the link I posted if you want to see what the law is where I live. A justified shooting in Indiana is the end all be all.

The 6 shot revolver and 1st shot doing the trick myth doesn’t warrant a response. It’s not far off from the racking a shotgun to scare them off myth.

I asked about two stocks and you posted about one I didn’t ask for and keep spouting fairly anecdotal stuff not related to the thread. If you have no experience with the Title II or Practical Arms stocks, please comment elsewhere.

delta-10

I bought a practical Solutions side folding stock for a Mac that we had for sale where the wire stock broke ( after the gun had a bid on it ) and we had to get something on the gun in order to sell it. I was very impressed with his workmanship and the eventual winner of the gun was very pleased with it as well. I would absolutely go with his over the one with screws.

pmf

I asked about two stocks and you posted about one I didn’t ask for and keep spouting fairly anecdotal stuff not related to the thread. If you have no experience with the Title II or Practical Arms stocks, please comment elsewhere.
Sure, will do. I somehow doubt most people here have experience with these silly stocks. What you really need is M9/11 in original configuration with a sonics silencer.

Good luck with your tacticool uzi PDW. I read somewhere that most Ninjas prefer black trench coats to tan ones, but I'm sure you know that. Oh, and thanks for setting me straight on the myths. From personal experience I'm sure.

litfire145

Sure, will do. I somehow doubt most people here have experience with these silly stocks. What you really need is M9/11 in original configuration with a sonics silencer.

Good luck with your tacticool uzi PDW. I read somewhere that most Ninjas prefer black trench coats to tan ones, but I'm sure you know that. Oh, and thanks for setting me straight on the myths. From personal experience I'm sure.

Usually when people don’t know or understand something they resort to ad hominem attacks like that. No problem, I’m sure you’re quite the marksman at 2am where you only need one shot. Thanks for derailing my thread with your opinions, again.

Is everyone who doesn’t have a revolver on their nightstand a mall ninja in your eyes? Serious question.

litfire145

I bought a practical Solutions side folding stock for a Mac that we had for sale where the wire stock broke ( after the gun had a bid on it ) and we had to get something on the gun in order to sell it. I was very impressed with his workmanship and the eventual winner of the gun was very pleased with it as well. I would absolutely go with his over the one with screws.
That seems to be the consensus. Thank you for your insight!

pmf

I'd feel bad if I derailed this any further

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter