Anyone install a MAC barrel before?

Mike85220

I have some non-barreled uppers, and have some barrels that seemingly are easy to install. I do not want to assume anything though.

The barrels screw into the upper by hand... do I need some special tool or they need torqued to a certain level?

I am guessing, but it looks like I could use my barrel extension to really tighten it good after Loc-titing the barrel and wait for it to dry.

Then drill the slot on the barrel for the crush pin canal.
Then after that, just hammer in the crush pin.

Am I wrong? I don't want to mess this up.
Any help is appreciated.

smg-45

UZI Talk Supporter
I wouldn't Loc-tite the barrel, just in case it has to be removed later. Tightening, and installing the pin will do it. If you don't have the barrel wrenches, then use 2 nuts jammed together on the muzzle threads to tighten the barrel.

AZ Doug

UZI Talk Life Member
Ask Richard to be certain, but I believe he torques his barrels to the 35 ft lb range. Also he does not pin the barrels, but it is easy to do. The jam nut smg-45 mentioned works well.

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
The wrenches sure make quick and easy work of barrel installation and removals.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I've seen those videos before Micheal. They are helpful. Thanks for doing that for the MAC lovers.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
I didn't pin the barrel until I knew it was working and glad I didn't my barrel on my Mac 10 had to be seated .047 deeper to get it right.
Once it was shooting then I pinned it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter