Any Sources of 5/56 SAW Boxes Now Days?

JTinIN

A few years ago they were all over the place, now my source has dried up (they tossed them a few years ago to make room). Anyone know of anyone stocking and selling either the green or black SAW boxes now days?

Same goes for the nut bags, either 100 or 200 round.

BeltFedEd

UZI Talk Life Member
Old Sarge's Drop Zone for Green & Black plastic boxes, links and FAT .50 SAW cans.

I would call them on the shipping though. The web site will charge you out the ass.

There's a guy here in PA that has the 200 rnd nut sacks with "TRAINING" printed on them. I'm working on a good way to remove the printing without warping the plastic re-enforcement that's sewn into the one side.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=289904

Last edited:

JTinIN

Thanks for the fast reply. I found the links on Old Sarge's Drop Zone, however, no luck on the plastic boxes nor FAT .50 SAW cans.

Let me know how removing the blue training goes. Are you using thermal, chemical and/or mechanical?

Last edited:

BeltFedEd

UZI Talk Life Member
JT,

I've used both Thermal and Chemical.

I did a search on how to remove T-shirt decals. Came up with a suggestion to use parchment paper placed over the decal and iron it off. In theory it will soften up and stick to the parchment paper. It worked pretty well. I'd say I managed to remove a good 70-75% of the decal. Since it's a rough material it's difficult to remove the portions in the crevices of the material.

I then went with M.E.K. (Methyl Elthyl Ketone). This finished the job to 98%. But this is what warped the plastic liner slightly. It is very faint and shows up more the in the pictures than what you actually see. It is unnoticeable unless you are really looking for it. It had no affect on the the material. I have only played with one soft pouch so far and haven't tried any other chemicals or methods.

Parchment reverse transfer.

P3120026-1.jpg

After M.E.K.

P3120029-1.jpg

Did you get my PM?

BeltFedEd

UZI Talk Life Member
Just checked Old Sarge's Drop Zone.

Looks like they had a run on the SAW boxes and cans. They had kits, 4-boxes w/starter tab, 800 links, 4-bandos, and 1-SAW can all for something like $40 to $50 depending on green or black.

Don't worry, they'll get more.

Too bad I not just a little bit closer to them (NY), it would make the drive worth it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter