AC556 is running like a champ.....

treedawg

Never thought I'd say this, but my AC556 is running like a champ after factory reapirs.....It also seems to eat all types of ammo as well. I ran some of the South African, UMC and Winchester throught it and it ran like a big dog on all of it......

TD

osprey21

UZI Talk Life Member
TD,
I'm getting ready to send mine in for a going over. My gun runs fine but I just want them to take a look at it and make any recommendations on what if anything may need attention. Would you please tell me the procedure you went through to return it to Ruger. I called them last week and was told they no longer require a Form 5. Did you write a letter explaining what you wanted done, or what the problem(s) was ? What was the turn around time ? Was anything replaced ?

Thanks

tommygun2000

Glad to hear it.

I've got one in transfer now. Supposed to run fine.

I've got two factory 30rd mags and several aftermarket mags that I have rebuilt with Wolf springs@ 6.00 ea and (Ruger followers from Brownells $1.50ea).
I deburred the followers and the inside of the mag near the tops and they work smoothly now. Curious to see how they work on full auto.

Enjoy

treedawg

I shipped it UPS and they had the gun for several weeks. I didn't know it when I shipped it, but they (Ruger) had a planned shut down that lasted several weeks. They repaired or replaced 7 items on the gun and didn't charge a dime. I don't have the list in front of me. I'm skeptical about their service because they said that they test fired the gun it was functioning fine. When I took it to the range it would fire it semi only, but I looked it over and the bolt rails ect were dry as a bone...Zero grease..well, after I put a dab of grease on the reails the baby ran like a champ. One thing that has me confused..they replaced the front site with a new one. I can't figure that one out. The old site was just fine and the new one looks identical unless there is some type of minor difference that I can't see. They returned the gun in a factory folder box with a new owners manuel. I've seen the boxes listed on several boards for $50.00-600.00 ea. I'd be surprised if they actually sell for that, but who knows.

TD

Paul556

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm glad it runs now for you. I probably should have sent mine to get it running. Oh well, the next guy can send it off. Hey, I bet even my mags will work in it now! Happy shooting.

treedawg

Paul, they might work like a champ now, but they didn't really lock up very well in my gun.....but we all know how picky Rugers can be.

TD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter