AC Selector Lever

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
hi all, i just acquired a blued folder and it runs great with one small problem.
the selector lever works fine in semi and burst but doesn't like to go all the way to FA unless i pull the bolt back first. the gun is new to me so before i tear into it thought i'd ask the old hands here what they think.

Gemlin

Ac556s must be disassembled and assembled with the gun in semi auto. If it is not you run the risk of breaking or bending parts.

Sounds like yours is bent

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
thanks gemlin, i was aware of that. i contacted the po after firing it the first time and he said he hadn't experienced this problem but then said his wife would pull the bolt back when she selected FA. guess i need to find time for disassembly and check the link positioner.

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
well, it was bent alright. but fortunately not broken, yet. now i just have to find a good way
to bend it back without breaking it. sure hope i don't have to disassemble the trigger group.
8bx8qC8.jpg

tOcXkaz.jpg

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Picture of the teardrop shaped part that dangles off the end of the selector (attached to the receiver not the trigger pack) is what we need to see....

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
69-F2-C05-C-90-DE-4-E20-9740-51030384891-B.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

This is the part we need to see. It will should be hanging off the selector at the rear of the receiver, when you take the gun apart.

3154tm

UZI Talk Supporter
offmarksman, i looked at several more pics of the the trigger group and
they all looked "bent" in the same was as the above pics. i'm guessing
it's supposed to be that way. so i cleaned, lightly lubed and carefully
reassembled it back into the receiver and stock. and though nothing i did
should have made a difference, the selector now seems to work as intended.
just for $hits and giggles i'm going to pull it apart again and check the piece
you've circled in the pic.
thanks for the help.

regalgseguy

I just picked up my AC-556 blue folder. I noticed the bent part in the trigger group also and wondered if mine was damaged. Fear not, it's supposed to be that way for clearance when the selector is moved from slot to slot. If it were not bent it would not clear other parts as it moved when the selector went from semi to full auto. You do have to be careful when reinserting the trigger pack into the rifle, it must sit flush with the rifle before you try to lock the trigger guard back in place

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter