9mm SMG powder?

Jrocker

Hey guys I'm trying to decide what type of powder to use for an f/a Uzi, I'm buying in bulk to save on hazmat shipping charges. I'm looking for something inexpensive, non abrasive (for a suppressor) and relatively clean burning. I've narrowed it down to titegroup, universal clays and power pistol. I'm leaning towards titegroup because of the cost, what do you guys think?

Thanks!
-Jon

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
tightgroup, bullseye, power pistol are all good. I could not get the velocity i wanted with uclays and 147gr bullets. It worked fine though. Bullseye is dirty in firearms with a barrel less than 6".

Steve B

Using Titegroup in my M10/9 and my buddy's Uzi. 115g, 124g and 147g all work well.

Frogman

I like Bullseye my self just because it's clean burning, although you have to be real careful and check your load weights. It's a high yield powder.

StooperZero

I stick with 3.5 bullseye for all my 147's , only weight of 9mm I load for all my guns.

Tetryl

I once had to go with a super fast burning pistol powder that would burn it's self out before it created a flash from the muzzle because it was interfereing with my night vision scope' I was lucky at the time because there was load data somewhere in a magazine that talked about special "no muzzle flash" ammo used by the DEA around clandestine drug labs that had all kinds of flammable fumes.

They'd put a lot of research into this subject and also went with a suppressor to reduce any chance of burnt powder from setting off any labs.

Anyway' intresting subject in it's self.

Tetryl

dtom29

I was after the cleanest, most consistant metering powder for subsonic 9mm. I went with VV N340 and I'm very happy with it. It's not the cheapest....But that wasn't high on my list of requirments.

Jrocker

Thanks guys it doesn't sound like there's much of a difference. I'm just going to buy 8lbs of Titegroup and call it good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter