922R compliant parts.

seabee69

Building an UZI full size with a Mckay receiver. Going to SBR it. Do the US made made welded on parts..to the receiver ,feed ramp, ejector, trunnion, grip lugs, back plate and bayonet lug. Count as US 922R compliant parts? I emailed Mckay, but no response. Thanks

MGMAN45

UZI Talk Life Member
I have no idea,but who checks for such things anyway?I suppose if atf had a hard on for you for some other supposed violation,they could use 922r as a add on charge?who knows,Good Luck!

slimshady

If they are on the list, they count even when welded into the receiver. However, only 2 parts of the complete receiver are on the list, the receiver shell and the trunnion. The other parts are irrelevant to 922r.

A full size build converted to closed bolt from a FA kit will use a US made striker (hammer) that counts, so there are 3, 4 if the bolt is new made instead of converted from the original.

Might want to check with ATF when you file your Form 1, at one time at least they said some SBRs didn't need to have US parts. The distinction was whether you shortened an existing gun or built a new gun from the start as an SBR. The letters were so confusing no one really knew which way was exempt.

Last edited:

seabee69

Thanks MGMAN45 and slimshady! I'm an old salt to NFA..just new to UZI's. Typical gray areas lol...but, thanks again guys🍻

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter