760/76 parts?

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I am new to the 76/760 world. It seems that nobody is selling parts for these guns? Scott Andrey Machine’s website shows quite the catalog of 76 parts but he seems to be out of the game or something, as he has not answered emails in years apparently. The other gentleman who was making 76 parts (I think it was BWE?) passed away unfortunately. So where can someone obtain parts for these guns besides the second hand market/gunbroker occasionally?

Thanks

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Unfortunately, (I think) second hand market is your only chance of getting stuff.
Recently. I think there’s been some talk about a group buy for some parts too.
However, someone made a batch of threaded barrels recently (it’s was recently posted UT). Another option would be to buy a semi MK760 to salvage some parts from.

Last edited:

rssc

Kickstand is right. Options for new parts right now are pretty much non existent. The only exception I can think of would be barrels. Hopefully someone steps up to the plate to provide parts. They are really needed!

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Kickstand is right. Options for new parts right now are pretty much non existent. The only exception I can think of would be barrels. Hopefully someone steps up to the plate to provide parts. They are really needed!
Unfortunately, (I think) second hand market is your only chance of getting stuff.
Recently. I think there’s been some talk about a group buy for some parts too.
However, someone made a batch of threaded barrels recently (it’s was recently posted UT). Another option would be to buy a semi MK760 to salvage some parts from.

Thanks guys. I did recently score one of those threaded 8” barrels. I got a 760 parts set recently and I’m building it up into a complete carbine and just can’t help but notice that parts are non existent.

MontanaRenegade86

UZI Talk Supporter
I have an SW760 that I scalped of parts.

I took off everything I could use for a S&W 76 and MK760 and threw the rest of the gun in a dark corner. I think I still have a bolt assembly, minus the extractor, spring, and pin.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member

I took off everything I could use for a S&W 76 and MK760 and threw the rest of the gun in a dark corner. I think I still have a bolt assembly, minus the extractor, spring, and pin.
I was about to buy the other demilled parts set from the guy I got mine from, just to have a bunch of spare parts but it already sold unfortunately. Looks like parts are non-existent. I’m really bummed about BWE firearms, I ever got an opportunity to deal with the guy but he seemed like a major contributor to the SW76 scene and Subguns in general, shame that he’s gone. Wish I could find one of his grease gun stock adapters.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
BWE was such an asset to our community.

I really, really, wish I'd purchased one of his SW76 recoil spring guides.
Yeah sure seems that way. He was an asset to the gun world. He had excellent YouTube videos, very informative and he wasnt boring to listen to. I learned quite a bit about the 76 and 760 from his YouTube videos about them.

FB111Kevin

Greetings and Merry Christmas,
I have a machinist thats ready and willing to get in to the S&W 76/ Mk 760 parts business but he'd need the engineering drawings and specs.
Any one out there has them or knows where I can find them? I know the machinist well, he's my son-in-law.
Thanks in advance,
Kevin

Slowmo

I know it is nice to have parts in general, but what specifically wears out on these guns?

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member

You can convert that semi bolt assembly into an SMG bolt, it will just take a little work with a welder and a dremel tool. Just have to weld the striker assembly in place so it is fixed to the bolt with the firing pin protruding, then built up a sear catch surface on the bottom of the bolt towards the bolt face. The hardest part is building a “shelf” on the bolt face itself (otherwise the rounds won’t feed) still all fairly easily done with a cheap MiG welder and then ya have a back up for your NFA investment.

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
Extractors really need to be cut using EDM which is a specialty process. I’ve done plenty of them for the 76 but would need a sample if I were to make any for the 760 (geometries differ).

SHURESHOT

UZI Talk Supporter
Yes they break and there are 2 different ones a long and a short. If you need one to copy I could send one from a 760.

scotty57

I have a pallet of MK760 parts, no bolts. what do you guys need?

scotty57

Ok I have my parts back, Here is a parts set for sale on gun broker. anyone that wants more than one parts set can contact me direct.

Listing # 1038376969

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Ok I have my parts back, Here is a parts set for sale on gun broker. anyone that wants more than one parts set can contact me direct.

Listing # 1038376969
Glad to hear you got them back… the last guy selling them was charging 800 a set, but with the single saw cut receiver tube included. Do you have the cut tubes? The parts sets are a lot less desirable without those completed receiver tubes unfortunately.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter