16” Barreled M10/9 Upper?

Landric

Is anyone making a M10/9 9mm complete upper or barrel? I have a 16” M10/45 upper that I got from a Masterpiece Arms carbine I bought used. Is there anything out there similar for the M10/9?

I’m planning to sell my M10/45 to fund a M2 Carbine (need something different from an open bolt SMG). My M10/9 has an Uzi mag conversion, so that makes shooting .45 out of it less than ideal given the magazine situation. I’d like to get something the same/similar to my 16” .45 upper except in 9mm. Do I have any options other than scouring the used market?

Thanks!

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Theres lots of old school ones out there as well as the Masterpiece ones.

I have a bunch of odd stuff from the 80's era I assume.

Check with that RPB thread with all the old stuff...Might be some pics posted......be warned....for whatever reason the prices have climbed.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
RPB (pre-1982) made 18” M10/9 carbine upper assemblies back in the day, with the long vented cooling jacket on the barrel. then SWD ended up with the remaining inventory and sold them off early on. SWD sold a 16” M10/9 carbine upper that looked like the M11/9 carbine upper assembly, with the shorter hanguard. The SWD m10/9 16” barrel is very rare, the .45 version is much more common. Masterpiece arms did make some 9mm M10 barreled carbine uppers very early on, sold through the later iteration of “RPB” (totally different company from the 90s/early 2000s) as aftermarket upgrades for SMGs, but they are not common and the majority of their carbine uppers were for the .45 as well (they only produced a .45 M10 clone, they never did an M10/9 clone).

these are basically your only options, and they are all pretty hard to find. There is a guy with one of the RPB 18” M10/9 carbine uppers for sale buy it now on GB, it’s one that was sold by SWD and stamped with the “Cobray” logos. his price is high but I’ve got an SWD Cobray stamped M10/9 18” RPB carbine upper And I don’t think I’d ever sell it, they have become rare and pricey like the duke says.

IMG_4326.png

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
I have a near mint Cobray carbine M10/45 upper with the short handguard. They are interesting to shoot, but as afoermentioned, they are difficult to find and often expensive. The last one similar to mine sold for about $1,000 the last time I checked about a year or two ago.

I do see Masterpiece Arms uppers pop up periodically.

As an aside, are you looking for an M2 registered trigger pack, or registered receiver?

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a near mint Cobray carbine M10/45 upper with the short handguard. They are interesting to shoot, but as afoermentioned, they are difficult to find and often expensive. The last one similar to mine sold for about $1,000 the last time I checked about a year or two ago.

As an aside, are you looking for an M2 registered trigger pack, or registered receiver?
I sold one on GB a couple months ago, mint, unfired new old stock. it went for 700, I thought it would do better. I have only ever seen that style in 45 but the 9mm versions are out there, they are really rare.

Landric

Trigger pack, I have already bought it, just waiting for the form 3 to get approved to my dealer. I guess my post should have more accurately said "recoup funds already spent on an M2 Carbine."

I got the complete Masterpiece Arms .45 carbine for $450 on a local forum. I'm not sure I want to pay $1000 plus for a 9mm version, but it is cool.

BlackBelt

UZI Talk Life Member
My two M10/9 carbine uppers with 16" barrels. The one on the left I had Eric at Autowerkes put Hk sights on. You cant tell from the lighting in the pic but both have the slotted handguards. The one on the right I bought from RPB in the early 90's. I never did figure out the thread pitch on the one with the threaded barrel. I had Russell at RPB send me a flashider for it but it was the wrong threading and I got into other mg's and never pursued it further. I did put 15 rounds through each of them just testing accuracy. At 60 yards both were dang near tack drivers for a mac. After that initial shooting I put them away and haven't thought about them until this thread popped up. I actually had totally forgotten about the Autowerkes one until I opened the box with all my 9mm and 45acp carbine uppers and saw it there. That was a nice surprise.

Attachments

• 20230904_062109.jpg
    20230904_062109.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
For me personally, I don't think any additional accessory will really improve the salability of your M10, unless you basically give away the accessory. As posted here and other places over and over again, for the best overall profit selling the basic gun and accessories separately tends to net the most funds.

What is your Title I collection like? I would sell those guns before I would sell a machinegun, unless you have to have the money right now. Especially with a Mac style family of RRs, it is hard to say what is coming down the Pike. The registered part, makes developing new accessories so much easier than many other RRs. It would suck to have a game changing development come along six months or a year from now and you miss out.

Odds are, in the next ten years it is much more likely that there will be a big development for the M10 than for the M2 conversion kit. If you are bored with the M10 now, it would seem likely that you will be bored with the M2 conversion kit a few years from now. Of course this is your decision, but you can do a lot more with the M10 right now than you can with the M2 conversion kit. Good luck with the sale of whatever you decide.

Scott

TSPC

UZI Talk Supporter
Especially with a Mac style family of RRs, it is hard to say what is coming down the Pike ... It would suck to have a game changing development come along six months or a year from now and you miss out.

I hope that's some Tenko foreshadowing!

Landric

For me personally, I don't think any additional accessory will really improve the salability of your M10, unless you basically give away the accessory. As posted here and other places over and over again, for the best overall profit selling the basic gun and accessories separately tends to net the most funds.

What is your Title I collection like? I would sell those guns before I would sell a machinegun, unless you have to have the money right now. Especially with a Mac style family of RRs, it is hard to say what is coming down the Pike. The registered part, makes developing new accessories so much easier than many other RRs. It would suck to have a game changing development come along six months or a year from now and you miss out.

Odds are, in the next ten years it is much more likely that there will be a big development for the M10 than for the M2 conversion kit. If you are bored with the M10 now, it would seem likely that you will be bored with the M2 conversion kit a few years from now. Of course this is your decision, but you can do a lot more with the M10 right now than you can with the M2 conversion kit. Good luck with the sale of whatever you decide.

Scott

I appreciate the insight. I have two M10s at present, so I don't mind letting one of them go for something totally different. It isn't that I am bored with the M10, it is just that I find having two a little redundant. I really enjoy shooting the M2 Carbine as is, and other than putting an Ultimak Rail and an optic on it (more because my eyes have gotten to the point where I need an optic than because the gun needs it), I don't anticipate wanting to change anything on it.

I have, and will continue to have, the second M10 and a M11A1, so I won't miss out on anything in the MAC world with this sale. I should probably have a M11/Nine for completeness sake, but I don't anticipate wanting to buy one of those also.

Very much hoping to see the Tenko!

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I never did figure out the thread pitch on the one with the threaded barrel. I had Russell at RPB send me a flashider for it but it was the wrong threading and I got into other mg's and never pursued it further.
as far as I know they didn’t make a flash hider that screwed onto those threads, they did make a bayonet that used a hex shaped nut that fit on those threads to hold the bayonet on the gun, although I have only ever seen one example of a carbine barrel with a profile that actually allows for the mounting of the bayonet. I have also seen 3/4x10 adapters screwed onto those threads but I don’t know who made them.

IMG_4601.png

Top one is the early RPB “standard” 18” M10/9 carbine upper, they also made this one in 45 and 380. It is basically a copy of the original MAC M10LR style rifle upper, they sold it with normal sights (standard) and they sold a “deluxe” model with an M1A1 Thompson rear sight and wooden forearm.

Middle is the SWD m10/45 16” upper from the early 90s, this style of 16” carbine upper was most common on the M11/9 rifles sold by SWD from the mid to late 80s into the 90s. In the early 90s they offered it for the fat MAC and the 380 as well.

IMG_4599.png
IMG_4602.png

And then there was RPB v2.0 in the 90s into the early 2000s. this was Russell weeks business as stated in the quoted post, and he offered some different upper receiver options for the M10/9,
manufactured by masterpiece arms. MPA ultimately stopped selling open bolt parts and stuck with their semi auto .45 m10 pistols and carbine models, so any of their 9mm M10 stuff is very difficult to come by. Here is an ad from the very early masterpiece arms (RPB) catalog

IMG_4610.png
IMG_4609.png

Last edited:

Tinman45

Trigger pack, I have already bought it, just waiting for the form 3 to get approved to my dealer. I guess my post should have more accurately said "recoup funds already spent on an M2 Carbine."

I got the complete Masterpiece Arms .45 carbine for $450 on a local forum. I'm not sure I want to pay $1000 plus for a 9mm version, but it is cool.
How much did the trigger pack set you back? I’d love to get one myself.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter