07 fee to convert Tec 9 to AOW

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
What is a reasonable fee for a 07 to "make" an AOW from a Tec 9?
Is it cheaper to just pay the $200 and do it myself?

slimshady

Adding a foregrip? The Form 2 paperwork would take longer to fill out. I would think a lot less than $200.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Adding a foregrip? The Form 2 paperwork would take longer to fill out. I would think a lot less than $200.
Yep, just a grip. Probably would be a lot more fun as an SBR, but attaching a factory correct stock is more work than I am willing to do to it.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I never understood the price difference with AOW stamps

slimshady

The making tax is the same $200 as everything else, and so was the transfer tax originally.

However things like the Marbles Game Getter were popular hunting/trapping guns so the AOW transfer tax was reduced to an affordable $5 to allow these and similar guns to still be used.

skiboatsp

UZI Talk Supporter
You pay the $200 for a form 1...or the dealers SOT takes care of the $200 tax is and is charged $5 for the AOW. The dealer will charge you but probably not $200.

Last edited:

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
The making tax is the same $200 as everything else, and so was the transfer tax originally.

However things like the Marbles Game Getter were popular hunting/trapping guns so the AOW transfer tax was reduced to an affordable $5 to allow these and similar guns to still be used.
That makes sense. Appreciate the info!

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter

Lol. So... common use? The whole AOW thing has always made less sense to me then the rest of the GCA/NFA.
Do AOWs have the same deal as SBRs and MGs when it comes to asking permission to cross state lines?

skiboatsp

UZI Talk Supporter
That makes sense. Appreciate the i

Not for an SOT....only $5 $200 for an individuals form 1

Jtm35a2

I’m a 07/02 in NC. My laser engraver guy charges $40. You get the gun to me, I will do the form 2, get it engraved, form 3 it to your in state sot, ship it to him. Call it $100

StenAtopia

I’m a 07/02 in NC. My laser engraver guy charges $40. You get the gun to me, I will do the form 2, get it engraved, form 3 it to your in state sot, ship it to him. Call it $100
SMOKIN Great offer, doubt the OP will comply.

Jtm35a2

Just trying to help. Before I was a ffl/sot, a local dealer did one for me. I think he charged $75, that was 8 years ago and he didn’t have to ship it

Jtm35a2

As cheap as that is….let’s have a reality check. Unless you’re really in love with the tec9 AND are wanting to round out your stamp collection with a $5 stamp, it doesn’t make sense to do this. I performed this same thing for another member and good friend ( in my state). The two reasons above were exactly his position. Let’s just assume that your sot doesn’t charge you for the transfer work. $100 to me, whatever it cost for you to ship it to me, let’s be cheap and call it $25. You are saving a whopping $75 and you’re going to be without your gun for however long it takes for the form 4 to be approved.
Hell, I became a ffl/sot just because I didn’t want to wait a year for a machine gun. Yup, it was 100% worth every penny to get my gun right now!

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
PM sent

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm not sure how you'd put a stock on a Tec 9, unless you somehow find an original stock and hardware

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter