Search results

1. yzfchet

Rear Sight Plunger Help

I was replacing the tritium night sights on my 5.56 ARM and naturally the rear sight (day sight, not the night sight) plunger, which I believe is essentially a BB, flew into the void when the spring sproinged out. Anyone know the diameter of this plunger detent? I presume iron or steel shot in...
  2. yzfchet

Best Charging Handle for Blocking Gas Blowback

Figured I'd ask you all instead of spending north of $200 to try different charging handles that advertise excellent gas-in-nose-&-eyes prevention when suppressed. What IS the best charging handle to reduce gas blowback? Also, anyone do the silicone sealant fix on their handle to block gas...
  3. yzfchet

Enhanced Safety Lever and Tritium Sights for 5.56 ARM

This must have been covered in the past but my search-fu fails me. Looking for one of those safety levers with the cutout to hold the bolt open, and a set of replacement tritium sights for a 5.56 ARM ORF/Galil. Does anyone sell either item? I know someone was selling the front & rear trit...
  4. yzfchet

Mid Length Handguards & Angled Grips

Howdy, you all. Converting an AR to 16" mid length barrel and having trouble finding a decent free float handguard and specific grip. Trying to find a handguard that's mostly smooth but has attachable picatinny rail segments. Only need the rail segment on the bottom for attaching the other...
  5. yzfchet

Is AWO Actually ORF Re-born?

So I'm looking to maybe replace the ORF receiver on my pseudo-Galil ARM and I see that CNC Warrior still wants $600 for a blank receiver. I don't care who you are that's a ridiculous price for what it is. So I look around and Lo and Behold! - a company called Assault Weapons of Ohio are selling...
  6. yzfchet

Does Colt still service older pistols?

Now that Colt is out of bankruptcy and back in business, I wonder if they will still take their older model firearms in for repair. Has anyone tried to do this since January of 2016? I have a Colt Huntsman .22LR target pistol that jams & needs attention. After inspection and research I find...
  7. yzfchet

Are the JP Dial-A-Port Gas Blocks Worth It?

I'm converting my primary AR to a suppressed 16" mid-length system and from my research it seems that the JP adjustable gas block for $280.00 (!!!) is the one to go with. http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPGS-6 I need the Picatinny rail on the gas block so I'm limited in what's available...
  8. yzfchet

Time for the 4th Annual UZITALK Fundraiser!

Yessir, it's that time again; time to beg for money so RoverDave doesn't have to sell his children for medical experiments in order to continue to fund this outstanding forum. He's too proud to ask himself so I'll ask for him; sort of like Subotai crying for Conan at Valeria's funeral pyre...
  9. yzfchet

Time for the 4th Annual UZITALK Fundraiser!

Yessir, it's that time again; time to beg for money so RoverDave doesn't have to sell his children for medical experiments in order to continue to fund this outstanding forum. He's too proud to ask himself so I'll ask for him; sort of like Subotai crying for Conan at Valeria's funeral pyre...
  10. yzfchet

Cycling Issues with MAX-11/9 and CAC 9

My old Mark I Mod I MAX-11/9 has always worked flawlessly. Except when I put a Bowers CAC 9mm suppressor on it. Then I get Failure to Ignite, Failure to Eject, and occasional stovepipe jams. Usually not more than 6 or 7 rounds down the barrel before a stoppage. I figured this was due to the...
  11. yzfchet

Market Value of ARM 5.56mm Model w/ORF

I'm trying to lighten the safe, and I just never shoot my faux Galil - which I call any Galil that does not have an IMI receiver - so I guess I'll sell it. I looked into replacing the ORF with a new receiver like so many here have done but the cost would have exceeded the value of the rifle. I...
  12. yzfchet

Tight M11 SMG Magwells with Z-Mag, Suomi, and other Magazines

Trying to see if there is a correlation between SWD M11/9 and SWD M11A1 (.380) SMG manufacturing years and magazine wells which appear to be tight when using Shockwave Z-Mag, Suomi dual feed, or PAM II magazines. If you have an M11/9 or M11A1 SMG which has had fitment problems with any of the...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter