Search results

1. JasonAC556

gotta wake this board up I guess... wow!!!!

Fuck!!!! I take some time off and all you IncreadiblyTalentedIndividuals go schizo on me!!!! WTF is up? Is there no love for the AC anymore??
  2. JasonAC556

Have any of you guys "torture tested" any of your AR-type weapons

Not a torture test, but real life: I would not trust my life to an M16/M4/AR15. Real piece of shit in my opinion. I had mine seize up so bad I could not even break it open to clear it. Bolt locked in the half way home position due to a very slight ammount of dirt that found its way into the...
  3. JasonAC556

adjusting the feed lips on the ciencer / hohrein mag

I posted a link to an article in Small Arms Review Magazine a few years back that had detailed instructions on this including the exact internal feedlip measurements, but it seems to be a dead link now. Anyway, you need to clamp the mag in a vice and use a pair of pliars to squeeze the feedlips...
  4. JasonAC556

any collectors value?

As far as collector value today.....none at all. As to what may happen in the future..... impossible to say. Twenty years ago people would have laughed if you said that a semi open bolt M11/9 would be a collector piece worth three times its selling price then. The point is, if you like the gun...
  5. JasonAC556

AC556 bolt change

Yeah, what he said!!!!
  6. JasonAC556

What parts work on AC from 185 Mini?

All the components are compatable with the AC556 within all the rifles that fall within these serial number ranges. The only major difference was the rate of twist in the barrels varies from certain series ranges. Otherwise, I have yet to find any quantifiable differences between rifles. In...
  7. JasonAC556

What parts work on AC from 185 Mini?

Series 181-186 is quite a wide stretch of production, not a narrow window as you stated. As stated by KAC 556F, most of the parts are interchangeable. From series 186-192, almost all parts are still interchangeable or adaptable with the exception of the guide rod/recoil spring assembly, as these...
  8. JasonAC556

Parts Kit w/Folding Stock FS on Sturmgewehr $1200

Not necessarily. Ruger made 18 inch folders as well as 13 inch folders. You will find a lot of variation in the AC and Mini platform of weapons.
  9. JasonAC556

Registered Lightning Link has to be in pre 86 AR

With a dealer that ignorant, I'd be doing business in another town. I have used 4 different C3 dealers in my home state. One of them was a total dumbass like your boy. Sometimes it is worth driving an hour or so to work with someone who knows their stuff. Just my 2 cents
  10. JasonAC556

newbie, need help

If you bought a Sterling Mk4 SMG then you must have the Form 4 that was used to transfer the gun from the previous owner to you. If you did not complete the proper transfer process, then you are in posession of an illegal machinegun. The value of this is you get to spend 10 years in federal prison.
  11. JasonAC556

Removing Ciener chamber adapter?

Glad to be of service. Cheers!
  12. JasonAC556

Removing Ciener chamber adapter?

It has to be rotated out of engagement with the lug recess before it can be withdrawn. Also, there is an allen head screw that should be removed from the left top (looking down at the rifle, muzzle pointed away) of the adapter before anything will move at all. You then rotate the adapter counter...
  13. JasonAC556

Excited...

Ciener .22 kit is the only game in town. DO NOT BUY NEW!!!! Look for a used kit on Gunbroker, etc. JAC is a total JACass to deal with, and the new made kits have serious issues. Older kits are 100% reliable IF you get good magazines (the weak link). The Bingham mags converted by JAC to work with...
  14. JasonAC556

newbie, need help

Let me get this right; You bought a Sterling Mk 4 Subgun and need to know the value so you can sell it to fund your wedding? Is that correct? Who is the manufacurer listed on the Form 4? That will be the greater determining factor as to value.
  15. JasonAC556

WTK Sterling options

One thing to consider before you commit to having your DLO tube assembled by "one of the less well regarded makers" is that you will most likely have to have their work redone. From my experience, and from that of others that I have read about, this is quite common. Just my experience. Caveat...
  16. JasonAC556

Back up and running

Glad everything worked out for you. Glad to know I could be of service.
  17. JasonAC556

Headspacing the AC

This is DEFINATELY not a home gunsmith project!! If you have to set the barrel back you REALLY need to seek the service of a good smith that has the correct tools for the job. Setting the barrel back involves: 1. Shaving the chamber face 2. Cutting a new extractor groove 3. Possibly, kissing...
  18. JasonAC556

Headspacing the AC

The barrel is screwed into the receiver. Setting the barrel back requires one full turn so the gas port ends up back at the correct orientation. Since the gas port is now also set back, you might need to shave the face of the slide/oprod where it receives the gas tube. Sometimes you get lucky...
  19. JasonAC556

Headspacing the AC

You would have to set the barrel back in the receiver.
  20. JasonAC556

Headspacing the AC

Ok, here is how it works. NO GO: This gauge measures if the headspace is excessive. The gauge itself is slightly longer than the maximum chamber dimension for industry standard for any given caliber. What this means is that if the bolt locks up on a NO GO gauge then the weapon has excessive...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter