Search results

1. S

Gauging interest in an adjustable bolt

In 3026 years, there may or may not be adjustable bolts. It'll be 5050.
  2. S

When wheel wells were modified, original rims were pitched as were original exhaust systems when the bodies were modified to install side pipes (which was another fairly common aftermarket modification). Upgrading the carburation from a single four barrel carb to "three deuces" generally...
  3. S

I saw this happen live with the '63-'67 Corvette Stingrays. In the early to mid 1970s a popular modification was opening up and flaring the wheel wells to accommodate the tires and wheels that had evolved. By the mid to late 1980's, the same custom body shops that had cut and flared the wheel...
  4. S

Speed Cube thoughts?

No personal experience, but IIRC, aficionados are said to prefer the blue crystal format.
  5. S

A bolt with integral hydraulic buffer to reduce ROF could be made, but would likely be even less attractive from a cost to benefit ratio perspective. MHO, YMMV, etc.
  6. S

B&T Station Six 9mm

Interesting project. Thanks for sharing.
  7. S

People also made a makeshift version that used an AR-15 hammer and hammer spring. In one version the hammer/spring assembly hammer pin was mounted in a carrier as was the case of the Autowerkz assembly; and in another version the hammer pin was mounted into holes in the receiver.
  8. S

There was never any interest in a 9mm M10 tungsten bolt as the ROF was considered tractable with the OEM steel bolt. The prototype .45 ACP M10 bolt weighed 58 oz. As well as cost (which, IIRC, kept the "Interested" list at fewer than 30 individuals), there was a video showing the prototype...
  9. S

There's an article by Keith Barlow in Small Arms Review, V4N11 (August 2001) that covers the Urbach slow fire bolt as well as several other M11/9 related rate reduction techniques. MHO, YMMV, etc.
  10. S

When did Vector start making semi minis?

I bought a new production semi-auto Mini Uzi in spring of 2017. I believe they might have been clearing out new, old stock parts prior to shutting down. It's a pretty nice 9mm carbine. MHO, YMMV, etc.
  11. S

Any of you guys ever tried one of these drums?

Yeah, I've somehow ended up with a couple Vector drums and both have always been 100%. I think part of the success is that their base drum is the Suomi drum, which works well as a standalone product. MHO, YMMV, etc.
  12. S

Any of you guys ever tried one of these drums?

No personal experience, but IIRC, it has been reported that for the 9mm version (of the Beta drum), copious graphite powder lubricant proves useful, at least some of the time.
  13. S

BEST suppressed pistol design?

A few years ago there was a novel where one of the characters used a silencer equipped Remington XP-100 bolt action pistol. For a brief time, the Chinese issued the Type 64 (silenced pistol) that has a lockable breech. There's a Forgotten Weapons episode about it. A "Mare's Leg" style lever...
  14. S

M11/9 Lage .22 kit test

I've been gradually shooting up all the CCI MiniMag .22LR ammo and transitioning to CCI AR Tactical .22LR ammo. The projectile profile of the AR Tactical seems to provide more reliable feeding (with a slightly higher rate of fire). MHO,YMMV, etc.
  15. S

Long shot I know but is anyone making Uzi Grease gun lowers anymore?

If a 40 round drum were sufficient for ones desires, ProMag already makes such a drum in .45 ACP for several firearm mag form factors. And since they already make Uzi form factor .45 ACP stick mags, they might be approachable with respect to making a 40 round, .45 ACP Uzi drum. MHO, YMMV, etc.
  16. S

CFW Bolt Just Sold on GB for $2900

The "other bolt" is discussed here: https://www.uzitalk.com/forums/index.php?threads/gauging-interest-in-an-adjustable-bolt.99850/
  17. S

Long shot I know but is anyone making Uzi Grease gun lowers anymore?

For a 50 round .45 ACP mag for the Uzi, rather than using a monopod mag, I'd prefer to have a ProMag .45 ACP Uzi stick mag fashioned into a feed tower on one of the relatively low cost Taiwanese 50 round Thompson drums. Some time ago, the late Merle "Drum Doctor" Bitikofer (sp?) would make 50...
  18. S

CFW Bolt Just Sold on GB for $2900

Nothing about making .22 uppers or conversions of any stripe though.
  19. S

M11/9 Lage .22 kit test

I'm somewhat disappointed that they decided to go with what they decided on instead of a reincarnation of the Fleming .22 uppers. So I bought a used Fleming upper, tweaked a few 10/22 mags, and that's pretty much all I use the M11-380 gun for anymore. MHO, YMMV, etc.
  20. S

M11/9 Lage .22 kit test

How about a MAC .22LR upper with more capacity? https://calicofirearms.com/product-category/firearms/22lr/

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter