Search results

1. atfsux

BEST suppressed pistol design?

Yes,...it was.
  2. atfsux

BEST suppressed pistol design?

Safari Arms did something like this back in the 80's for the 1911. They called it the "Survivor" carbine kit. It was an unregulated upper that bolted on in place of the slide and barrel assembly. It was a manual straight-pull that fed from the magazine. The T-handle bolt would be pushed through...
  3. atfsux

Why is it that 9mm 147gn projectiles are not RN.

There's plenty of loaded RN subsonic stuff out there. PMC and AAC (PSA) both make RN 147 ammo. Back when Action Arms imported Israeli 158grn. FMJ ammo, it was RN. Famously, it had a black-painted tip to be able to visually differentiate it from standard ball ammo. And I think this is a clue. I...
  4. atfsux

Shockwave Z-mags in STEn?

Yes,...this is essentially what I was trying to communicate, but Dink did so much better.
  5. atfsux

In my opinion (which could easily be wrong), as long as the extractor spring is sufficiently strong to keep the spent case firmly in place on the bolt face as the bolt races rearward, the existing ejector should work just as well as originally. If, however, the case is sort of wobbly unsecure as...
  6. atfsux

Questions on Century Arms Romie G rifle

Back when these were being imported as kits, all the parts were matching and this was before Obama demanded the barrels be cut up as "not sporting use", so the barrels were original as well. I got my kit for just $100 from J&G Sales in Prescott, Az. in 2003. So you know the kits cost Century a...
  7. atfsux

So I knew I couldn't possibly be the first guy to think of using single-feed Glock mags in STENs, and that SOMEBODY must have played around with the idea already. So I did a little bit of Google sleuthing on the interwebs and came up with a CAD file some dude worked up back in 2019 for a 3D...
  8. atfsux

Handy M11A1 Case

I made a very simple covert carry case for the truck gun so that I could take the Chinese AKM back and forth to the vehicle without anyone realizing a gun was being transported. The original handle was made of the same plastic as the Contico tool box, so if you look closely, you can see it...
  9. atfsux

UPDATE Does anyone know of a gunsmith that can cut and thread an UZI barrel?

I signed up for the same, but mine arrives tomorrow or Friday. I'm expecting it to be similarly excellent.
  10. atfsux

Uzis in Ukraine

11. atfsux

Does your FA Oozie ever eat a brass case?

Not with my Uzi, but I have a Ppsh41 currently fit with a 9mm conversion barrel that has a bad ejector that has occasionally done exactly the same thing. For the life of me, I can't figure out what little open space the case manages to find to get back there, but it does. In slow motion footage...
  12. atfsux

Uzis in Ukraine

Rumor has it that the Dutch, Lithuanians and Belgium each took all their mothballed Uzis and donated them to Ukraine, where they have primarily ended up with vehicle crews, ambulance drivers and rear echelon security types. But this guy appears to be somewhere near the front.
  13. atfsux

UPDATE Does anyone know of a gunsmith that can cut and thread an UZI barrel?

OK,...you have my attention. If I supply barrel and nut, what can I expect to pay?
  14. atfsux

Uzis in Ukraine

15. atfsux

I agree,...but,...for the STEN to feed from a double-column mag like an Uzi mag, the STEN bolt itself would need to be milled on and have dimensions changed in order to clear the mag and still scoop a round out of the top. And that would lighten the bolt and increase the cyclic rate and cause...
  16. atfsux

I also think that the rearward rake of the Glock mag conversion would give a better balance to the whole thing vs. how it currently wobbles with all that weight hanging out to the left. The Glock mags not only weigh less, but by angling rearwards, the last round in the mag at the bottom wouldn't...
  17. atfsux

If there were an enterprising talented welder who had access to a supply of STEN magazine housings, he could fabricate for sale a housing modified for using some other available magazine style. I'm reminded of the Chinese 7.62x25 Tok STEN parts kits that came into the country in the 90s. Those...
  18. atfsux

new Silencer mount

I ordered one of these 2 months ago to use with my Form 1 suppressor I made from one of the Chinese imported solvent trap kits. This was originally intended for use on my CMMG Banshee pistol. When I drilled out the baffles last year, I was paranoid about baffle strikes, so I made them...
  19. atfsux

UZI barrel nut to hub thread

Any update on this?
  20. atfsux

How Many Types of Cartridges you Reload?

Yep, like others here, always try to load for what I got. Especially the weirder and more difficult to find loaded ammo for, like 8mm Hungarian (8x56R). You can't just go down to Walmart and pick up some .32-20 or .38-45Clark. And now that all the surplus .303 and 8mm Mauser are essentially...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter