Search results

1. L

Anybody know a good place for holster repair?

I have a DeSantis Uzi rig and the part that snaps around the barrel nut has a bad snap. Had a few local guys look at it and nobody wants to mess with it. So, anybody know a place I could send this off to? The leather is in great shape. The snap had some corrosion and it broke when someone went...
  2. L

Registered sear breakage?

Alternatively, you said you’ve left it in a safe deposit box for 7 years and view it solely as an investment. Why not just keep it? Not trying to sound rude, but it doesn’t sound like you’re really going to wear out your registered sear.
  3. L

They do request and when I did a Form 1 about a year ago it was optional for me. The request is so if the info you give them on the form doesn’t seem right they can refer to the markings, at least what I heard. They of course will still send it back but they at least can point out via your...
  4. L

Velocity VMAC 9 review

I appreciate you looking out, but as MitchWerbellsGhost said, I also don’t really consider that a MAC. It’s too refined and far too ergonomic.
  5. L

Velocity VMAC 9 review

Not near it currently but from my pic, it looks like a block of steel welded into place. Assuming the sear block is directly in front of the sear and blocking off where the full/semi selector would be.
  6. L

Velocity VMAC 9 review

Thats kinda interesting. Didn’t know that. Shot another box of ammo through it. God, these suck to shoot semi auto. But it did it reliably and accurately. The mag catch is less of an issue now that I modified the grip. I dehorned the gun yesterday since the cocking knob and trigger guard are...
  7. L

You can get insurance for anything. You declare the value and they tell you the price. Bet it costs more than a full auto trigger group from rtgparts, for reference.
  8. L

Fairly certain people have pursued that avenue of thought officially and it’s just not legally possible under their rules. Well, I would do some digging and see what guys here have to say before sending them a letter. 10 agents will have 10 different interpretations of the law. From what I...
  9. L

Not first hand but I have been under the impression that repairing a sear/bolt with a newly scribed serial number is a “eyes wide shut” sort of thing. It’s illegal and I don’t condone it whatsoever. But, it’s that or be out in today’s money about $15k. Sort of like registered lightning links...
  10. L

Velocity VMAC 9 review

Here are my measurements. No idea how in spec these are to anything else. I am not a machinist but I have been known to fire up a mill and lathe on occasion. I’m hoping this all makes more sense to someone in the know. 1.156” outside height of upper 1.145” outside width of upper 0.069”...
  11. L

Full auto Mp5sd for $27k what am I Missing?

Best way to tell if it’s a scam other than the obvious misspellings and other errors is trying to check out after you add that to your cart. Most often your only payment options are Paypal friends and family, Apple pay, or Venmo. Never any legitimate way to send money online.
  12. L

Velocity VMAC 9 review

I’ve worked the mag release and developed a technique to mag changes so it’s become a lot easier. I’m not near a computer at the moment and doing this stuff on mobile isn’t my strong point, but check out a picture of an original Cobray release and then look at the MPA 930 release. They tried...
  13. L

Velocity VMAC 9 review

Yes. The internal parts to me look a whole lot better than Cobray parts. The mag release being polymer is strange but they do come with a polymer magazine. I may pick up a second one to just have on hand.
  14. L

Velocity VMAC 9 review

Ok I will get those measurements and post them here.
  15. L

Velocity VMAC 9 review

Yes it can. I did nothing to my mags but load them Strobro, what exactly do you want measured? I have a lot of free time this week to take measurements.
  16. L

Velocity VMAC 9 review

If you’re interested I could take measurements. Yeah the welds are ugly as hell but they seem to hold. They updated the cocking knob to be more ergonomic. If they used a magazine release similar to an MPA the mags would be much easier to remove. I think it’s almost completely a leverage issue...
  17. L

Velocity VMAC 9 review

I found my solution to the mag release. I disassembled the grip/release and knocked down the serrations on the release and created more of a funnel for my thumb to get more purchase on the release. This combination makes mag changes a night and day difference. I’ll clean it up some more but here...
  18. L

Velocity VMAC 9 review

I just checked gunbroker and I only found one for less than $1k. I don’t think they’re worth $1k+ but for some reason thats where they’re at.
  19. L

Velocity VMAC 9 review

So, here it is. I had been on the backorder list for a long time and these finally were available earlier this week. At $439 plus shipping and transfer it seemed like a no brainer. These ship in a massive cardboard box padded with bubblewrap, not something you’d use for storage or want to keep...
  20. L

Velocity Firearms has VMAC-100s back in stock

One other disappointment is the magazine catch is attached to the grip panel and not the frame. This makes an aftermarket catch not able to be used. The factory catch offers no leverage and is sharp polymer. I will hopefully have my full assessment up sometime this weekend.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter