Search results

1. G

Shockwave mods and custom case

So I hated the stupid sling studs and torgue on the front swivel could unscrew either the mag cap or the sling...QD inserts installed! Much nicer!! Also, buddy has an upholstery shop so he moded a case up for discrete transport...he's also done a few different scabbards that fit perfectly - one...
  2. G

Semi RPD suggestions

OK, its one of the few left on the 'most wanted' list... I have a mint polish kit and drums so a litewise build is an option (having them do it as I have no time to do it). My choices are DSA, Vector, or Litewise. My requirements are reliable, longevity (the company will be around for spares...
  3. G

Got myself a mossberg shockwave

Ok, LGS had one, the price was right. My oldest daughter's ex-BF, heron addict, just went to jail for stalking her after 5+ police reports...so perfect storm and excuse to buy one! Mini review: IT is cool as hell. Everyone should have one! Ordered 2 more for clinic/office guns! Wife hates it...
  4. G

Sig 320

Oldest boy is ready for a 9mm of his own. he doesnt like glocks, or XD's. Hes been using my tired sig 228 - Ive been making him shoot it DA to learn and master trigger control. He's really taken by the Sig 320 he tried at a local indoor range. I have to say, it was IMPRESSIVE, feels lighter...
  5. G

max 11/22 ammo compatibilty list

I searched but couldnt find one. I have a max 11/22 that I use in a sidecock upper. It runs fine with CCI stingers, winchester, and aquilla (cant remember which supersonic hypervelocity flavor but its the 40gr bullet). Ive tweaked it to get it to be a smooth as possible which included opening...
  6. G

Need source for m-14 mags

Some how the 'box' I had with 20-30 GI M14 mags has 'disappeared' after a few moves. Obviously, I'd like to get GI mags but several others seem happy with the Taiwan produced mags. Got any good sources from trusted sellers? Ive ordered from a few sellers and gotten promag crap. Thanks!
  7. G

Mk5 conversion kit

So a few years ago I decided to make a kit - stock and barrel to convert my mk 2 into a pseudo mk5. As you know the the trigger on a 5 sits farther forward then a 2, so I had to be creative. Also, I didn't want to mod or screw up and mk5 parts since they were harder to find. I did use an enfield...
  8. G

Tulammo warning, but great customer service

So about 6-8 mos ago I ordered a case of 223 62gr HP tulammo - it was cheaper than wolf which is my usual m-16 blasting 50yd or closer M-16 fodder and my stock was getting low. When I recently tried it in my always reliable 10.5 LMT upper, it wouldnt run. pulled the gas block - no issues, used...
  9. G

Tinkering idea - ballistic/armor plate

With all the tinkerer's/innovators/plain brilliant inventors we have here has anyone played with making their own armor plates? I was machining a small block of UHMWP for a jig I buddy wanted and I got to thinking isnt this the stuff they make some light weight SAPI plates out of? Yes, it is...
  10. G

Sbr m92 Draco stock

Mods feel free to move this if you'd rather it in the ak section. I finally decided to take the plunge on one of the m-92 ak pistols solely for the purpose of sbr'I got it...around $800 with parts (muzzle break, stock) and stamp if I use a vz-58 folding stock. Looks from the pics of a vz stock...
  11. G

SHIRKE - get one? or not.

I never followed the SHRIKE drama that well, but recently have been thinking about getting one. are the bugs and ARES crappy service worked out now? For those that have one, are there any issues or are they finally ready for prime time? Do I need to have spare parts? Thanks!
  12. G

Have a question about hole pattern on the mk5

I have a mk2 sten that I'm making a mk5 conversion for - without actually using the mk5 trigger housing.....no I don't want to cut the mk2 housing off just to move the trigger guard forward an inch....anyway I have the stock and the pistol grip done and I've been working on the barrel...got it...
  13. G

sterling vs. thompson - which one

Well....being semi back from the bring of a divorce, a crazy ex, dhs, selling guns, paying lawyers that are dumber than me more than I make (yeah who's the dumb shit here!), and finally getting full custody of one of the kids (half for the other 2), I'm in a position of debating a new MG...
  14. G

Pocket rifle owners

Well Im over surgery (still have the getting crazier by the day ex wife) and I think Ive about talked myself into building a pocket rifle - shorty 10/22. I had a donor gun but ended up giving it to my 8 year old for Xmas. So Im back to starting over. So my question for those that own them is...
  15. G

Price my m-11

Im gunna part with one of my M-11's...its an early SWD gun and Ive replaced everything that needed to replaced to make it run great. I'm gunna sell it with a Lage side folder, grip and saftey, but leave the factory upper. It will come with a discreet black hawk soft case (looks like a laptop)...
  16. G

Blackdog Polymer Ceiner Conversion mags

Ok the short of it.... They suck with out mods (see update below) Long story... I bought 6 - 2 clear, 2 smoke, 2 black. Well made, fit well in my 614. I tested these with almost 2000 rounds in 2 uppers - a self built upper with a 6.5 inch barrel from Amphipian, and a 10.5 inch Kuehl upper...
  17. G

Need RPD receiver dimensions

Im finally down to the last of my projects (got to love moving) and my wife cant decide on paint colors so its time to get something in the works before she notices I have 'free' time. My Project will be a new upper for my m/11 ---- An RPD upper. Ive been playing with the design for a while...
  18. G

Trying to get to m-60 Joes website

I cant seem to get to M60Joes's web site - I need to order a ramline loader for the ciener conversion (m-16) since Ive added another and 5 more mags! Any idea how to get ahold of him and paypal him the $? THanks
  19. G

AOW shotguns and Mini shells

Title says it all. Does anyone have any experience with running the aquilla mini shot gun shells thru a serbu or other shorty AOW's? Personally I think it would be the best of both worlds - capacity and lower recoil. Since Im seriously considering the plunge I just wanted to know if anyone...
  20. G

My next MG

I managed to scrap together a bit of cash by selling my home in OK so Im debating another MG. I had thought 1919, Thompson, BRP thompson clone, RR ar-15 conversion (I have a 614) or sterling. Ive scratched the 1919, No place to really shoot it and I get tired of lugging all the belt fed crap...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter