Search results

1. JTinIN

Anyone hesitant about buying any new NFA Toy's?

Enjoy discussing how to spend your money, in particular since you have been through this before. Kinda hard to beat a MP5 and "HK"53 combo for just every day shooting. One of the guys was big into HKs and Browning belt feds in the '90s but nothing has really been out for ten plus years...
  2. JTinIN

Lost track but looks like you might have gotten two sears and MP5s? In which case one should be come a MP5K-PDW and the second sear moved to full time 5.56 .... LOL! I picked up a MM53 with a RCM barrel for near two grand nearly two years ago, that shoots nice and the receiver fits a lot nicer...
  3. JTinIN

Friends and I have had the best luck with some of the custom or semi custom guns from Michael's Machines, Dakota Tactical and PCS (aka Gillebear), will be interesting on how these "Vector" guns that have been re-built work out for you. I have one of Mike's MM53P with a RCM barrel for the...
  4. JTinIN

In that case sounds like was a good buy and the next threads will be what other HK host guns to get ;-). Would look at a "HK"53 built by one of the current crop of better clone builders, even if you already have a M16 and then a clone belt fed 21e/23e ... http://www.556beltfed.com for the...
  5. JTinIN

If borrowing money and it the MP5 and sear are not primary interests then would probably pass. If a primary interest and your were in debt and/or more concerned for your income stream than everyone is now days, would still pass. Bottom line your call and I passed on several sears for under a...
  6. JTinIN

Recommendations on Cleaning Kits for a Model A...

I use a high flash point parts washer solvent with a flash point of over 141F, which is more or less a more refined odorless mineral spirits which has a nominal flash point of 109F or greater. The parts washer solvent is a little safer (still burns but the vapor don't build up as bad, in...
  7. JTinIN

Recommendations on Cleaning Kits for a Model A...

We have been known to toss the stripped parts into a parts washer, brush, blow dry, over lube with CLP and let drip dry ... for the Tittle II guns after shooting a lot for the weekend or end of the year or decade in the case of the Uzi (friend did have one fail due to dirt after ~14,000 rounds...
  8. JTinIN

V-53 thread pitch???

My V53P is standard 15x1 found on the German HKs, same for the V33KP but is was built on a 33K parts kit and thus should have been 15x1.
  9. JTinIN

Burris Fastfire Mount

Sounds interesting for a clone receiver, however, just playing devils advocate, what would the advantage be over a welded on rail .. .Lower, cleaner w/o optics, ?
  10. JTinIN

I bought a Vollmer Built HKMP5(Fleming sear)!!!

I have a Blaylock suppressor (a little heavier than most and comes apart to be cleaned) and every time I shoot it the trigger pack comes out of the housing for cleaning, however, don't actually take the pack apart for cleaning. To clean in the shop I toss in the solvent tank, brush and blow...
  11. JTinIN

I bought a Vollmer Built HKMP5(Fleming sear)!!!

Nice guy, guy at work got his for nearly three grand including the sear ... but has been a few years ;-)
  12. JTinIN

Looking for owners with problems with the MM23 beltfed .223

One of the guys shooting the MM23eK at: http://www.issmc.com/556beltfed/hkindiana/ Or the same video in MPEG4 for non flash systems (i.e. Apple): http://www.issmc.com/556beltfed/hkindiana/videos/MM23ek_in_snow_converted.mp4 (loads slowly as is a large file).
  13. JTinIN

Full auto 22LR Conversion Option Ideas - HK91, HK 22LR Kit, Sear and AM180 drum?

Wish I had, however, at the time was a cash flow issue (in part due to changing jobs unexpectedly) and 5.56 ammo was just 22 cents a round and could be purchased. When the crazy times hit and had a few dollars tried to find our communications and recontact you but did not find the info and got...
  14. JTinIN

Full auto 22LR Conversion Option Ideas - HK91, HK 22LR Kit, Sear and AM180 drum?

Thanks for the feedback, looks interesting. Need to check stock (like asking for a diamond ring in a boarder town per the song). What are you using for the AR15/HK91 as a 22LR kit?
  15. JTinIN

Looking for the German HK G3 22LR Kit Directions / Manual in English

Thanks got a copy from one of the guys, don't know if he will be sharing it on line or not, but I have a standing offer to host if he wishes to.
  16. JTinIN

Looking for the German HK G3 22LR Kit Directions / Manual in English

Looking for the German HK G3 22LR Kit Directions / Manual in English, a PDF file or even a short set of directions would be fine. Have the German manual with the kit. Thanks John
  17. JTinIN

Looking at getting a full auto 22LR conversion for the HK sear, M16A1, Uzi or Thompson M1. Appreciate any feed back, ideas and in particular experiences. ----- Got the HK91 conversion for now ....
  18. JTinIN

Price Check on an HK21 Semi

Myself do not like the HK21 as the slide in feed tray is a pain when ever have any issues, you are stuck with just 308 (not that big of factor but a factor) and most of the HK21';s I have fired were a lot rougher. That said the last issue maybe corrected between the E upgrade and RDTS building...
  19. JTinIN

Need upper 7.62by 39

Above quote is from the following thread: Quote from following thread: http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?65054-Price-Check-on-Colt-M16-Uppers Was asking $1279 shipped for the upper, bolt and ten mags before the crazy times worrying about an AWB, shortages and price increases...
  20. JTinIN

Price Check on Colt M16 Uppers

This spring was laid up following foot surgery (did great and have been shooting this summer and fall!) and got some of the stuff cleaned out of the garage that was not using for various reasons, mostly having other toys. However, since then have been busy with a start up company, not sold...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter