FN FNC Bolt

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
FYI

A pin-set and a spring will be included with each bolt that I’m selling. Please be aware that I’ve posted individual sets on GB as as an effort to pitch the bolts to people that otherwise wouldn’t haven’t seen the forums. Basically, if you’re buying a bolt for me, it will come with as much of the extractor components that I can find.

As of today, I still don’t have extractors themselves, but efforts are being made to source them. Remember, extractors are available elsewhere, but they’re expensive and I personally don’t want to invest any more money into the cost of these bolts.

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
Update: CAD model is done! Now onto prototyping. We're still tracking to start accepting preorders by late October - early November with bolt deliveries before Christmas.

If anyone wants to be on the preorder list, please send me a PM asap (if you haven't already). At a minimum, I'll need your phone number and email address.

Attachments

• 2023-09-25_15-33-04.png
    2023-09-25_15-33-04.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 20

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
Update:
I've been able to source a small number of springs (442) and retaining pins (444 & 445) so the first fifty bolts (446) produced will include these parts.

Unfortunately, it looks like the buyers may have to locate their own extractors (441) and spring-guides (443). They're available but expensive so I can't justify floating the additional cost to include them.

Attachments

• spring.png
    spring.png
    215.3 KB · Views: 20

andrewgraw

Update:
I've been able to source a small number of springs (442) and retaining pins (444 & 445) so the first fifty bolts (446) produced will include these parts.

Unfortunately, it looks like the buyers may have to locate their own extractors (441) and spring-guides (443). They're available but expensive so I can't justify floating the additional cost to include them.
I'm working with a couple CMC shops in TX to try and get a batch of extractors and spring-guides manufactured to assist in Navgunner's bolt project. I'll keep everyone posted on cost/feasibility. In the spirit of Navgunner's effort to make this happen, if I can pull it off I'll offer them at my cost if a small run can be done at a reasonable price.

howdy

I'm working with a couple CMC shops in TX to try and get a batch of extractors and spring-guides manufactured to assist in Navgunner's bolt project. I'll keep everyone posted on cost/feasibility. In the spirit of Navgunner's effort to make this happen, if I can pull it off I'll offer them at my cost if a small run can be done at a reasonable price.
Awesome! Do you have one of the "improved" extractor/guide sets with the 45 degree slant to copy? If not, Fuatos may still have a set.

index.php

index.php

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
I hope that @andrewgraw doesn't mind me singling him out here but I really appreciate his efforts, not only with these extractors but also with the sear pins too (different thread). He, along with many, many others here within our NFA community is why I love this so much.

andrewgraw

I hope that @andrewgraw doesn't mind me singling him out here but I really appreciate his efforts, not only with these extractors but also with the sear pins too (different thread). He, along with many, many others here within our NFA community is why I love this so much.
Appreciate the shout out, Navgunner. Love working on projects like this for the community. Anti-walk sear pin solution is complete and ready for additional orders if anyone is interested.

Any update on the bolts? Ready to get the extractors bid out if things are progressing.

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a couple of weeks left to go for engineering verification then I'll get these put in queue for machine time. The FNC bolts really need a 5-axis CNC to be done efficiently so for now that's my limiting factor. All of my usual contacts are already running on all cylinders to keep up with their regular business so we’re going to have to be patient. After manufacture, the bolts will need secondary processes in addition to the machining (like heat treat).

I will say that my confidence in this project has gone up significantly but of course there's still lots yet to do. Pre-order requests have gone up too (~40 so far) so that's no longer a concern of mine. Of course, I’ll just have to wait and see who's actually willing to commit with their payment.

andrewgraw

I have a couple of weeks left to go for engineering verification then I'll get these put in queue for machine time. The FNC bolts really need a 5-axis CNC to be done efficiently so for now that's my limiting factor. All of my usual contacts are already running on all cylinders to keep up with their regular business so we’re going to have to be patient. After manufacture, the bolts will need secondary processes in addition to the machining (like heat treat).

I will say that my confidence in this project has gone up significantly but of course there's still lots yet to do. Pre-order requests have gone up too (~40 so far) so that's no longer a concern of mine. Of course, I’ll just have to wait and see who's actually willing to commit with their payment.
Great to hear! Swissomation here in TX is where I'm looking at having the extractors done. They make everything for KNS and are located in the building next door. It sounds like they have slowed down and have machine time available right now if you're interested in talking to them as another option. www.swissomation.com

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
Update:
Thank you to everyone who's shown interest in this project! As it stands, these bolts are scheduled to go into production sometime in December but that could be delayed if higher priority job bumps me. I'll continue keeping everyone posted as soon as my manufacturing team firms up a start date because that's when I'll start collecting money for pre-orders. As previously stated, individuals that pre-order (paid) will get a discount and guarantee that they'll receive a bolt. for others, I will make a small over-run but those will sell at a premium cost.

rsideout

UZI Talk Life Member
Navgunner - put me down for 1 bolt. I tried to buy one on gunbroker several years ago just to have one…the bolt sold for over 1k if I remember correctly…at the time a semi FNC was 3k..so I think your estimated price of $650 is a bargain.
I bought a spare bolt about 7 or 8 years ago. It was $800. I also got a spare bolt carrier assembly for $1400. And a small pile of other parts for $400. I sold them all 4 years ago for $2800 after I sold my FNC. $650 for a new bolt is a good deal. The best deal used to be to just bite the bullet and buy a Semi for parts, if you ever need them.

NVA

New here, and don't want to step on anyone's toes. But do have some extra extractor kits for the 249. Haven't figured out if there is a pm system here, but maybe Navgunner can figure out how to contact me if he is interested.

teutoborg

Hi there, Navgunner. I'd like to purchase one of your bolts as well, Been looking for a spare for years. I hope this doesn't come too late to put in an order..

sweersa

There are many discontinued german-made guns, like Sigs and HK's that are getting crazy expensive and generally no (or very few) milled replacement parts are being reproduced in the US. Some folks are making springs but that's about it.

Replacement parts other than that can only be obtained through Gunbroker parts kits which are probably police-seized crime guns.

I really don't expect that any FNC parts will ever be made, especially the complicated bolt. Just my opinion.
I have few HK SL8/G36 type of weapons and over the years have accumulated kits and additional spare parts to rebuild each of them at least once. The writing was on the wall years ago with that stuff.

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
It's official, I'm now taking preorders for domestically manufactured FN FNC bolts!! Pre-orders will last ~70 days then I'm submitting my production order. Individuals that have their deposits PAID before May 1st, 2024, are guaranteed delivery and initial pricing. Afterwards, on-hand sock will be very limited and sold at a "first come, first served" basis (at a higher cost too). Please be aware that production will take upwards of 16-weeks but I'm personally guaranteeing your deposits.

I will do my very best to reach out to individuals that have already expressed interest but please don't wait for me. If you want to be included, then please be proactive.

The pricing came in lower than I expected. Pre-order cost is $450 (each set) for what's described in the "What's included" list below. Deposits are a minimum of half upfront payment. PM me on how to submit your payment.

What's included (one each):
p/n: 442; Extractor Spring
p/n: 444; Extractor Retaining Spring
p/n: 445; Pin, Extractor, Inner
p/n: 446; Bolt
3D printed bench-block for extractor installation.

What's missing (contact member @fuatos):
p/n: 441; Extractor
p/n: 443; Extractor Spring Guide

Additional information: Please read the entire thread above to best understand what you're getting! Headspace will be required (by a qualified gunsmith) which may include a barrel replacement!! If you don't understand what this entails, then please pass. This is serious and could lead to damage to life and property!

*Cross posted on Sturm.

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
I want to take a moment to thank everyone who's supported this project through pre-sales. I've been pleasantly surprised to see that most of the individuals who initially expressed their interest have already committed to pre-orders via their deposits. For me, this is definitely a labor of love in service to the community that I'm so proud to be a part of.

Very Respectfully,
Navgunner

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter