Recent content by Oddball

1. O

AK Magazines

ak mags Kanewtervalve, preferably steel, bakelite scares me a little, I guess they're pretty tough or they wouldn't have been made, but I've got some old bakelite items that seem pretty fragile. Do they deteriorate and/or become fragile with age? What's a kanewtervalve? Seems like I've heard...
  2. O

AK Magazines

I've got a LaFrance converted Norinco AK47 in the works and wonder about magazine interchangability. CDNN has new 30rd. Norinco mags for 9.99 and soviet block mags for a dollar less. Has anyone had any problems with Soviet or European mags functioning in Norinco's? Oddball
  3. O

Miltech

miltech Yep, that's the one. Not having heard anything about their quality I'm a little hesitant to spend that kind of money on one. You'd think as long as Miltech has been around it would be easy to find someone that has some opinion of them, but even the dealers I've asked can't give me an...
  4. O

Miltech

Does anyone have any thoughts on Miltech? I'm thinking about one of their 1903 Springfields. A little pricey, but if they're completely reworked and fitted with new or in spec. used parts, its like getting a brand new 60 + year old gun. Odbball
  5. O

Got my smg's!

Pics TD & MLee36, as soon as we can get together again. I know the Madison range will probably be covered up with hunters sighting in for the next couple of weeks. Maybe at Cartersville at the end of September, if I can make it. As far as Pics go, I got a digital camera for my birthday also, so...
  6. O

Got my smg's!

Well, after 8 weeks in the pending file and 11 from the time I mailed the forms, I now have my uzi and sten. I was hoping to get them in time for my birthday (today) but it wasn't looking too promising, so you can imagine my delight when I got the call from my dealer 2 days ago! A friend that...
  7. O

streetsweeper

I've got the opportunity to purchase a streetsweeper but have been told that they aren't worth the tranfer and tax fees (unreliable and poor quality). Any opposing opinions out there, and what's a fair price for one in almost new condition? Oddball
  8. O

WTK: AWC Amphibian II Price

Stymie, thanks for the links. Quite helpful, looks like I can get a new and quieter 22 for less than the guy wants for his used 22. That Siris suppressed Ruger looks SHARP and the claimed suppression level is way up there. Many Thanks, Oddball
  9. O

WTK: AWC Amphibian II Price

I've come upon a stainless AWC Amphibian II for sale (built on a Ruger MKII). The guy wants $1300 for it. Its in pretty good condition, a few wear marks here and there. Definitely used. Is that a fair price? I've found several Blued AWC Rugers out there for a good bit less. Vector Uzi & Sten...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter