Recent content by hagar

1. hagar

South African R series of weapons information thread (lots of pictures)

Old thread, but here is a picture of me taken in 1977 in Rhodesia. Smuggled my R1 in and back. My hair was definitely not Sadf regulation, but I was working night shift in the computer center before I left on vacation, and it always grew like a weed :)
  2. hagar

Galil Model Ownership Poll

Surprised there are so many IMI Sporters!
  3. hagar

Any ideas on where to find an FNC rear sight?

Good heavens, that rifle is beat to chit..:pound You use it in armored car protection? :) Or pounding floppies.. :devil
  4. hagar

Longevity of the ORF receiver

I only shoot mine occasionally, have about 500 rounds through it. I have not seen any wear or tear, my ejector looks fine, and rifle shoots fine. It thought it developed a little bit of trigger slap, but last time I shot the rifle (about 3 weeks ago), I did not feel it. But I also shot my...
  5. hagar

Have to sell my IMI Galil

Is this an IMI Sporter receiver? I paid $1400 for one 6 years ago, would say current prices around $1800-$2000.
  6. hagar

Help me value my golani

Don't sell it, shoot it more! Waar in die VSA is jy?
  7. hagar

How often should you rotate the R4 buffer?

Skiet hom tot hy breek! :devil
  8. hagar

Galil orlite mag fitting

New Orlites are a beech, they fit very tight. I had problems with both my Golani and an IMI Galil. you may have to remove a little material for them to fit. Or insert and remove 200 times, they will wear in.. :bang
  9. hagar

What would you own if..

Daewoo K3..
  10. hagar

new member new galil owner

Orlite mags? New ones are tight even in an IMI Galil. GAL or GLN serial#? The GLN is supposedly much better and properly heat treated. Only issue I have with my Golani is trigger slap. Century put a real crap trigger in it.
  11. hagar

Galil ar/arm

Don't know if the SAP ever used R4's, they used R5's and R6's which were all SA made. The earlier R4's had a lot of Israeli parts, later ones were all SA made.
  12. hagar

Weird request... loaner to purchase scope.

It's not the Weaver, unless it has been damaged. Lots of very good shooters used the T36. You interested in a Super Sniper 16X? Don't you live in SC as well? SS is a 30mm. I have a Leopold long range as well, but also 30mm rings, think a 6-24. It was not cheap.
  13. hagar

Selling Price for FN

Agree, about $800 in this market.
  14. hagar

Galil ARM 922R parts

Us made magazine counts as 3 parts.
  15. hagar

Interesting GB listing

Either a trap or seller is totally oblivious..

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter