Recent content by Gunslingerdoc

1. G

Shockwave mods and custom case

I made it from a factory one. When I did a google search looking for one, the was a company that made them but for some reason they didn't get it right so the reviews were pretty bad - QD not fitting, popping out, etc. I'm not sure why but they had trouble! It was pretty easy...
  2. G

Thanks Joe!!!
  3. G

So I hated the stupid sling studs and torgue on the front swivel could unscrew either the mag cap or the sling...QD inserts installed! Much nicer!! Also, buddy has an upholstery shop so he moded a case up for discrete transport...he's also done a few different scabbards that fit perfectly - one...
  4. G

Remington 870 TAC14

Banshee, Do you like the +1 extension on the Tac-14? I just picked a tac-14 up and really thought Rem missed the ball on not having one on their version. Did you drill out the dimples in the tube or swage them out? Incidentially, the Tac-14 seems to kick a bit less (guessing its the 1/2 pound...
  5. G

Semi RPD suggestions

OK, its one of the few left on the 'most wanted' list... I have a mint polish kit and drums so a litewise build is an option (having them do it as I have no time to do it). My choices are DSA, Vector, or Litewise. My requirements are reliable, longevity (the company will be around for spares...
  6. G

Got myself a mossberg shockwave

I now have both and will do a compare and contrast - the tac-14 shoots closer to point of aim (mossberg shoots high). the extra weight helps with recoil....the action sucks, plastic follower in mag tube, stupid mag tube racheting mag cap retaining system makes using a +1 extension so the barrel...
  7. G

The strap has grown on me - hated it at first! wish there was a way to get the Remington breacher grip or something with a plate/handstop toward the business end - Magpul may be as close as it gets. Best case the strap screwed on looks like an afterthought and 'cheap' but works well for its...
  8. G

Update: Night sight for the front failed after 100-125 rounds, replaced fiber optic - seems ok. I will be calling brownells for replacement/refund. action continues to improve over and beyond my working on it. Winchester HB #6 2.75" have been the worst recoiling ammo tried. S&B #4 buck is about...
  9. G

I thought about battlecloth...I think Im gunna mod (have my friend do the sewing) one of the voodoo tactical. I have a 19 breacher one they make but its just a tad to short for my liking and the other flavors are too long so I think I'll start with one of those. My fiber optic sights and new...
  10. G

Ok, LGS had one, the price was right. My oldest daughter's ex-BF, heron addict, just went to jail for stalking her after 5+ police reports...so perfect storm and excuse to buy one! Mini review: IT is cool as hell. Everyone should have one! Ordered 2 more for clinic/office guns! Wife hates it...
  11. G

Mag Storage?

I used to live close to widners and I picked up a BUNCH of wooden Ammo crates for free. I spliced several together and while they're too heavy for easy transport. They stack well.
  12. G

Mag Storage?

Bake your paks in the oven on the lowest temp or warm for 30-45 mins and it will evaporate the water theyve absorbed.
  13. G

Army Selects Sig 320 as New Sidearm

I bought my 17yo a full sized 9mm sig 320 for his birthday - Nice pistol (im too ingrained with my glock - 34 to switch). GREAT factory trigger and accurate. Fits the hand very well (better than a stock glock - for me at least.) Bore is higher than a glock, but recoil/muzzle rise is not an...
  14. G

do police ever show up when you shoot?

Only when my asshole neighbor calls in a "shooter" call. even then they know who we are what we're doing and not breaking any laws. LEO's have always been cool and think the neighbor is a dick (he has a rep for being a crook and his 'kids' fit every liberal stereotype of white trash). He's even...

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter