What does a Reising cost now?

prebans

FFL/SOT, Distinction Arms, UZI Talk Life Member,
I figure that the folder is more expensive than the fixed. What's the general price range for both guns?

Mike

ptrthgr8

UZI Talk Life Member, , FFL/C&R
prebans said:
I figure that the folder is more expensive than the fixed. What's the general price range for both guns?

Mike

I haven't seen a Model 55 available in a while now (and, yeah, they do bring a premium), but it looks like the Model 50s on the market are bringing anywhere between $4000-$5000. Of course, the ultra-cherries with accessories are at the upper end of the range. Check out all the auction sites (gunbroker, auctionarms, etc.) to get a decent idea of current prices.

I bought my Model 50 a little more than a year ago for $3700 from a local dealer here in ND and it's a pretty cherry example. It was a more-than-fair deal at the time and I'm pretty sure I could sell it now for $4500 without a problem. They're definitely climbing in price pretty quickly.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

JTinIN

There was I would say a dozen plus full stock blue ones at KCR this weekend with a sticker price of $4500. Assumed with cash in hand you could get one for a couple dollars less for the next few hours.

If you find one locally from someone in your state, should be able to get it for under four, if lucky.

After reading this thread, was thinking what one could find for similar money to a Model 50.
- First to is the standard issue MAC with stock and slow fire mods
- The various SW-76 like guns.
- What else (Uzi is another $1500 to $2000 and the Sterlings are even higher).

Even a M2 carbine is starting to pull away from this price range, plus can not be used for subgun matches.

Last edited:

ptrthgr8

JTinIN said:
After reading this thread, was thinking what one could find for similar money to a Model 50.
- First to is the standard issue MAC with stock and slow fire mods
- The various SW-76 like guns.
- What else (Uzi is another $1500 to $2000 and the Sterlings are even higher).

Even a M2 carbine is starting to pull away from this price range, plus can not be used for subgun matches.

The actual S&W SW-76 guns are going for a lot more... most I've seen recently are getting closer to twice the price of a Reising. Even the various MK760 copies seem to be fetching around another grand than most Reisings. The standard MACs are still pretty close to Reisings, but IMHO you're getting more gun for your money if you go with the Reising. :)

The Reising is still one of the best entry-level Class IIIs out there. There might be exceptions to the rule (those "deals of the century" type things), but generally speaking you'll be hard-pressed to find something for less money than a Reising. MACs, yeah... some are close, but they really have no appeal to me at all -- boring, lifeless (the wood stock of the Reising is classy as hell), and very little history compared to a Reising. But that's just my personal opinion, of course.

Too bad I can't find a C&R rated MG-34 or StG-44 for $4000. Now that would be a killer deal. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

JTinIN

See a few MK760's around for the same four grand as a M50 now days.

For great buys, helps if you have a few dozen grand laying around and can buy a collection when it comes up (which is how a few of the dealers still get guns).

Regards
Johh

P.S. Keep taking about M50's - going to have to trade the M1 Thomson back on one ... LOL!

ptrthgr8

JTinIN said:
P.S. Keep taking about M50's - going to have to trade the M1 Thomson back on one ... LOL!

Geez... I dunno... I love my Reising, but I'd ditch it in a heartbeat if I could trade it straight across for an M1A1 in just as nice a condition. :)

Of course, if you have a couple of Thompsons, you could definitely get a nice Reising and lots of accessories and still have enough left over to get another new toy or two. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Garrett

JTinIN said:
Hey JT, for that I could get you one with my patented scope mount.:jester

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter