What 9mm Brass Sizer?

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
What are you guys using?

Been using my Lee press with a Mak push through sizer to remove Glock bulge and Mac swell. Too slow.

Not sure I want to spend $1500 on a Rollsizer. Maybe a Lee APP but I think it will wear out fast.

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
I just put the Lee full length taper crimp die on the last station when loading and have not had anymore issues. It sizes the case down further than a standard sizing die.

Kramer

I thought about buying a roll sizer for 9 and 45 since I shoot a lot of both in MGs. Quite expensive.

slimshady

Just bought a LEE APP, street price seems to be about $75. 2 year warranty, then they will refurbish it to like new condition for $55 thereafter. Seems like a capable machine, now I just need to figure out how to run a flexible tube from the Dillon 650 electric case feeder to the APP mounted beside it...

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Thank you Chris and Joe. The Lee FCD seems to be the fix. I found many others saying the same thing. That will save me a lot of time.

I think the Lee APP is going to find a home too. Seems to be easier way to size bullets.

Last edited:

Strangeranger

The lee factory crimp die solved all my .45 reloading issues. Haven't seen the need for one in 9mm yet

chili17

Staff member
Thank you Chris and Joe. The Lee FCD seems to be the fix. I found many others saying the same thing. That will save me a lot of time.

I think the Lee APP is going to find a home too. Seems to be easier way to size bullets.

When the fuck have I lied to you!? You looking for confirmation is insulting ;)

Something that seems to help smooth the whole operation is to lightly lube the cases. I'm using a alcohol/lanolin mix. I lube all my cases now. To clean it off, I lay them all on a towel and spray with whatever carb cleaner/degreaser is cheapest, shimmy and throw n a ammo can.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
I was worried about the Lee FCD squeezing down my cast/PC bullets. Excuse me for researching. My new Dutch screen name is going to be Facque Anderhorse Rodidon. :)

I ordered the Snowshooze Grand Slam parts for the 650. We'll see how that smooths out the process too.

chili17

Staff member
I ordered a couple of his roller cam things and shell plate bushing to try out as well

arch stanton

Staff member
Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand Live @ The Blue Note
I was worried about the Lee FCD squeezing down my cast/PC bullets. Excuse me for researching. My new Dutch screen name is going to be Facque Anderhorse Rodidon. :)

I ordered the Snowshooze Grand Slam parts for the 650. We'll see how that smooths out the process too.

just make sure your alignment is good if its off a little things go haywire

Last edited:

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Joe, by "alignment" do you mean this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86r7Krx5iRw

I am very much liking the Snowshooze kit and the Shock bottle 100 round case guage. The Lee FCD is still in route.
Case+Gauge+Thumbnail.jpg

SHURESHOT

UZI Talk Supporter
One thing i did was change from tight group to the slower long shot that helps with ob guns from bulging the brass.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter