Uzi K grip screws

litfire145

I am wondering if anyone has any idea what size the screws are to the aftermarket K grip. Mine got beat up real bad on the threads, from recoil or...?

Either way, I could use three news ones. I could run to my local Ace Hardware but it would take a week or so. If anyone knows the pitch of the screws or could measure theirs for me I would appreciate the help.

Andrew H.

Ive been meaning to figure it out as well.
I stripped one of them during my install, seems like they are made of butter.

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
I know what you mean! The screws that came with these grips are way too soft but fortunately the over-molded nuts (these are melted into the plastic) seem to be of a higher quality, so that’s good. See the pictures below for what I bought at Ace Hardware but know that these are stainless steel so they’re not gonna blend in to the black grip. If you want to find a fastener that’s black in color you may have to search McMaster Carr.

What you’re looking for is a “M3 x 0.5 x 25” but make sure that the head of the screw is no more than 6.5 mm wide so that it fits in the recess of the grip handle.

Please note that the original screws are a little bit longer at 27mm but I found that extra 2mm is not necessary. Honestly, if you get too long you’re going to end up sticking out the other end, especially on the bottom screw slot.

Attachments

• IMG_1191.jpeg
    IMG_1191.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 29

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
Here’s McMaster Carr’s offering which is probably the best screw available for these grips but unfortunately you have to buy at least 50 so you’re looking at ~$20 shipped. Their part number is in the lower right hand corner. If anybody ends up buying these, I’ll swap you one of my personal morale patches for six of them.

Attachments

• IMG_1196.jpeg
    IMG_1196.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 29

Andrew H.

Ill make the purchase this weekend and send you and OP (6) each for shipping costs only. (y)
I am looking at the black oxide finish tho, hope thats okay.

-Andrew

litfire145

Wow! This was the info I was looking for and a very generous offer Andrew. I’ll send a PM and we’ll figure out how to get you paid. Thank you navgunner for the specs.

Hassayamper

I'll take 4 off your hands if you have them to spare. You have Venmo or ApplePay?

Andrew H.

Screws have been ordered! All (100) of them. lol
I will be contacting everyone that posts in this thread.

Thank You
-Andrew

litfire145

Received mine a few days ago. By my eye they look far better thsn what came with the grip. I will install them next time I have a little free time. Thanks for doing this imprompu group buy!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter