Recent Imported Micro Pistol - What type of paint is this?

INTLMILCO

I recently purchased a Micro Uzi Pistol and will be modifying the grip housing eventually and would like to match the paint. The gun is coated in a really nice semi gloss/flat black paint that looks almost like its charcoal grey. I am wondering if one of you have seen this type of paint on IMI firearms? It could have been done after the factory built the gun as its is so nice. Any help would be appreciated, I asked the importer and he didn't know FYI.

Photos of Micro Uzi

INTLMILCO

It could be Cerakote, or something similar.
I appreciate the reply. I decided that I would simply refinish the gun in my own paint (RussianPaint).

I don’t want to try to match this particular color and what better way to promote my coating. If the receiver and grip gram are different shades it will bug me.

I am a stickler for correct finishes. Since I can’t find any info on the correct Uzi paint I’ll just make this thing jet black over park.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
What is RussianPaint?

If you have access to a blasting cabinet, I'd just clean it up and park it. Could always coat it afterwards with something else.

INTLMILCO

I’m going to be 100% honest, it’s 1950’s Soviet technology. It’s not solvent resistant, but it’s really pretty and the blackest black paint you have ever seen if that makes any sense. Im not sure if posting pics of other guns is allowed here, if so I can post a photo of this micro vs the soviet black paint.

Were the factory guns simply parkerized? If so, I may just repark the gun.

INTLMILCO

Here is my Micro Pistol Uzi painted in jet Black Russian Paint. The grip frame had the auto spot removed/milled out. We welded over it and added back the A.

Attachments

• 905B5B7A-DA4F-4015-A205-2CA465B58F19.jpeg
    905B5B7A-DA4F-4015-A205-2CA465B58F19.jpeg
    944.9 KB · Views: 54
  • A24BA03A-E0D6-4553-B292-8AB786E57CAF.jpeg
    A24BA03A-E0D6-4553-B292-8AB786E57CAF.jpeg
    879.5 KB · Views: 51

trilogymac

UZI Talk Supporter
INTLMILCO,
Im surprised you didn't weld up "pistol" when you had the welder running.
The "A" remark looks really good.

HighriseATX

UZI Talk Life Member
Nice job. Check you bolt if it has the full face. I've see some of these imports that have the bolt from the MicroUzi. I see your top cover is original and maybe even your sights and front lanyard swivel. Sweet.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter