OK, whats the trick to removing top cover catch?

tommygun2000

I'm disassembling the parts kits that I bought and got the rear sight off by removing the screw and nut. Whats the trick to removing the latch and spring?
The parts diagram shows it as separate pieces but don't want to force anything and mess it up.

Thanks in advance.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Use a rag to cover the jaws of a wrench and grap the metal part that covers the spring. With that section of the receiver facing you (as if the gun was complete), squeeze it and pull rotating downward towards yourself. Much easier done than describing. Do this slowly as spring may want to go airborne.
I put my other hand over the back end of the receiver to catch the spring just in case.

tommygun2000

amphibian said:
Use a rag to cover the jaws of a wrench and grap the metal part that covers the spring. With that section of the receiver facing you (as if the gun was complete), squeeze it and pull rotating downward towards yourself. Much easier done than describing. Do this slowly as spring may want to go airborne.
I put my other hand over the back end of the receiver to catch the spring just in case.
---------
Thanks, I'll go try it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter