NEW AMP Receiver pin for M/11

Rebel Rifle Ordnance

UZI Talk Life Member
Does anyone know when the new AMP receiver pin that has a rubber end on it will become available? I noticed that mine was wearing into my finish. I thought about using the stock pin with the little ball bearing and use a small o ring to keep it from scratching the receiver.

ALLIANCE ARMAMENT

UZI Talk Life Member
We have sent a few out for people to test/evaluate if you would like one I'll send it out with your M11.

So far I see a benefit to having it, at about 4-5,000 rnds you can see the nylon bushing take a set so that tells me it's doing its job and the bushings can be replaced.

Michael - ALLIANCE ARMAMENT

billsail

UZI Talk Life Member
We have sent a few out for people to test/evaluate if you would like one I'll send it out with your M11.

So far I see a benefit to having it, at about 4-5,000 rnds you can see the nylon bushing take a set so that tells me it's doing its job and the bushings can be replaced.

This sound like the ticket. When will they be available to the rest of us?

Thanks,

Bill

ALLIANCE ARMAMENT

UZI Talk Life Member
I will try to get Logan to add it to our shopping cart next week, if not call in and do a verbal phone order.

Michele may not know what your'e talking about but you can just ask for me.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance

UZI Talk Life Member

Sounds great, thanks Michael!

ALLIANCE ARMAMENT

UZI Talk Life Member
Keithinvestigations,

Your package arrived today and I will get on it first thing monday and I will call and discuss options for the ro mags!

Rebel Rifle Ordnance

UZI Talk Life Member
Got the retaining pin in Michael. It is awesome, great idea. I would highly recommend anyone who doesn't want to mar up the finish on their receiver to get this. I had only ran a few mag's through my gun and this was one of the first things I noticed. Glad I got it when I did.

Flame Red

I received my retaining pin from AA yesterday along with my reparied upper. Thanks to Michael from throwing it in. The pin looks well constructed and quality materials. I was a bit concerned that the caps might unscrew and go "Beam me up Scotty" at the range, but they did not seem to budge. The also do not stick out as much as the stock MAC pin (which can work loose) or the aftermarket pin I have that held in place with ball bearings pressed in the end.

The key benefit of the AA pin as I see it is that it should not "egg" the retaining pin hole in our precious receivers. I assume that is why they ends are made of some kind of tough plastic. The plastic gives before the metal will. Although the AA pin is not as quick to install/take off as the stock pin, it is secure, makes the MAC look good, and formost should prevent egging of the hole.

I plan on buying a few bags of spare ends once they appear on the AA web site. Michael, please post the URL for them when you have them on the web site.

By the way Micheal, she worked flawlessly. I tried stick mags, drums, and she just burned them up without a hiccup of any kind :)

Flame Red

Are these available to everyone?
Don't see them on the site.

Correct, Michael was going to add them to their web site but has not. I am guessing they do not have sufficent quantity on hand. I'm waiting for it to show up also so I can order a couple bags of end caps to have on hand. I asked Micheal when they will show but no reply yet...

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Are the AA pins as good as the KNS M11 pins?
http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/gun-parts-and-accessories/m10-m11/m11-push-button-take-down-pin.html
m11pbtdth2_1.jpg

I have been using the KNS pin for 4 yrs now and it has never come loose on the OEM upper, Max-31A or the M-11/22 kit. I really like it.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance

UZI Talk Life Member
The AA pins have a synthetic material that won't scratch your lower. I'll post a pick up of one shortly.

Krink545

The AA pins have a synthetic material that won't scratch your lower. I'll post a pick up of one shortly.

I think its more about egging the pin holes in the receiver.
There's nylon bushings that goes in the receiver and the pin goes through them. The replaceable bushing takes the pounding instead of the receiver.
I could care less about scratch's.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance

UZI Talk Life Member
I think its more about egging the pin holes in the receiver.
There's nylon bushings that goes in the receiver and the pin goes through them. The replaceable bushing takes the pounding instead of the receiver.

Yeah, what he said!

cultist

Banned

Anyone have a link to someone who sells these? Prolly both area a good idea. Can't do too much to protect $3000 stamped sheet metal.

ALLIANCE ARMAMENT

UZI Talk Life Member
I just spoke with logan and reminded him to get it up on our shopping cart, so should be there today we do have a small quantity in stock 10-15 I believe.

The turning center is slated to make 100 this week, they are manufactured from s-7 tool steel- heat treated of course and the bushings are mds impregnated nylon.

I will stay on logans case until he gets it up we are just swamped trying to get the AMP-10's out next week. :)

Flame Red

Are the AA pins as good as the KNS M11 pins?
http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/gun-parts-and-accessories/m10-m11/m11-push-button-take-down-pin.html
m11pbtdth2_1.jpg

I have been using the KNS pin for 4 yrs now and it has never come loose on the OEM upper, Max-31A or the M-11/22 kit. I really like it.

I have never seen this KNS pin before and I like the functional design. The pin I have been using is similar with the ball bearings to hold it in, but no little button to make it easy to remove and install. So the one I have you kind of press in and pull out. Not hard to do but sometimes needs a gentle tap.

I think this would be the perfect design if it were made of plastic - even if it did not last a few thousand rounds. I like the idea of no little ends to loose, fall off, unscrew and beam up into outer space.

EDIT: It really pisses me off when vendors have the nerve to charge $11.66 shipping for a 1 oz pin that costs them about 66 cents to mail 1st class. I guess I'll pass on buying it from KNS...

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter