Mini Uzi SMG Closed Bolt Build

JohnnyBfromAZ

I'm planning on building a post sample Mini uzi SMG with a closed bolt. I've never seen one outside of IMI promotional materials and a YT video or two. Does anyone have one or have access to one? I'd like the build to be as authentic as possible, but I don't know the correct bolt configuration, trunnion style, or stock setup. BTW, I have two Mini stocks for this project and another one, but they are two different LOP (typical IMI stuff).

Attachments

• TaasMiniCBManual.jpg
    TaasMiniCBManual.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 1

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
Why closed bolt? Have you shot both? Mini in closed vs open? I have both and rarely pull out the closed bolt other than the wow factor of the high cyclic rate. IMHO, the open bolt mini w/ BarrelXchange's heavy bolt is where it's at. Nice cyclic rate that you can still pull singles with and fast enough that it isn't boring. I wrote this page in the library and those are my pictures I took a long time ago regarding the bolts: https://uzitalk.com/reference/pages/closedbolts.htm

JohnnyBfromAZ

Why closed bolt? Have you shot both? Mini in closed vs open? I have both and rarely pull out the closed bolt other than the wow factor of the high cyclic rate. IMHO, the open bolt mini w/ BarrelXchange's heavy bolt is where it's at. Nice cyclic rate that you can still pull singles with and fast enough that it isn't boring. I wrote this page in the library and those are my pictures I took a long time ago regarding the bolts: https://uzitalk.com/reference/pages/closedbolts.htm
I already have an open bolt gun and I have one kit left and managed to find a FA closed bolt at the SAR show. Figured it would be a nice dichotomy between the two. Also, between you and me, the mini is kind of a wow factor gun and nothing else. I have a serious case of 80s gun nostalgia having grown up then and it has led to the purchase of some of the raddest looking guns that turned out to be real turds in actual use (match use). The SPAS-12 and streetsweeper are two of the most painful/worst shotguns to shoot, the fullsize UZI has the wonkiest cyclic rate unless you're shooting super hot OG NATO SMG ammo, and my Mini 14 dressed up as an AC-556K is, well, still a Mini 14. If I'm needing to do any shooting that matters, I'm sticking with the MP5. 🤷‍♂️

delta-10

If you have folding stocks with two different lengths of pull most likely you have a mini stock and a micro stock. I believe the mini is longer than the micro. I have a micro but it came with the longer mini length stock.

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I already have an open bolt gun and I have one kit left and managed to find a FA closed bolt at the SAR show. Figured it would be a nice dichotomy between the two. Also, between you and me, the mini is kind of a wow factor gun and nothing else. I have a serious case of 80s gun nostalgia having grown up then and it has led to the purchase of some of the raddest looking guns that turned out to be real turds in actual use (match use). The SPAS-12 and streetsweeper are two of the most painful/worst shotguns to shoot, the fullsize UZI has the wonkiest cyclic rate unless you're shooting super hot OG NATO SMG ammo, and my Mini 14 dressed up as an AC-556K is, well, still a Mini 14. If I'm needing to do any shooting that matters, I'm sticking with the MP5. 🤷‍♂️
I use my mini in SMG matches but only with the heavy bolt. Really transforms the gun. I think the FS has the perfect cyclic rate and is great for matches as well.
The MP5 is also great for matches too but is a tad fast in regards to cyclic rate and being closed bolt, tactical reloads are slower than an open bolt gun.

JohnnyBfromAZ

If you have folding stocks with two different lengths of pull most likely you have a mini stock and a micro stock. I believe the mini is longer than the micro. I have a micro but it came with the longer mini length stock.
It's not a micro stock. Exact same stocks, but the straight section between the folding knuckle and the first bend is two different lengths. I've also had another mini stock that had a scallop cut out on like 1/3 of the butt plate

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter