Max 11/15 internal or external

mtlcafan79

Unless you can find the AR recoil version used it looks like all that's available to order on the Lage website is the IRM version.

I have no regrets with IRM, but I only shoot it in the standard 10.5" 5.56 config.

Pmergler

I only have the IRW, which I love and would recommend. I didn't even consider the AR recoil version as I didn't like the idea of drilling my expensive investment/ toy. I know it is probably fine, but just couldn't bring myself to it.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
Not sure Lage is making the AR buffer tube model anymore.
Said sales were low and when theh were gone they were done.

Check with him and see.

Same deal I didn't want to drill a original PS gun.

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
My question to you is, what do you want the Max11/15 to do? Is having the most variation of cyclic rate important to you? Do you want better control over being able to shoot different calibers than 5.56X45? If so I would drill the hole in the back of the receiver and buy the spring/buffer system that goes into the receiver extension tube (buffer tube) through the back of the M11/NINE receiver. The spring/buffer system requiring the hole in the receiver is no longer going to be produced. So buying that system now while it is still available gives you the most options. The Max-11/15 is the only Max-/15 model with this option.

If you don't have any plans to do different calibers and rate of fire isn't a big concern, then the inside the receiver spring system would be the simplest way to go. The M11/NINE is not an original WW II C&R gun. Replacement of the back plate to cover the hole , the last I heard, was $400 plus shipping. Good luck with the decision.

Scott

woodenword

UZI Talk Supporter
I thought about getting the AR buffer tube version when I got mine, just in case. But then I realized I’m never going to convert it to another caliber, so I just got the IRM. Haven’t regretted it one bit.

Garrett

If you want the AR Recoil Mechanism, email Richard and Jackie and ask about it. I was able to get one toward the beginning of this year. I don’t know if they had a handful of leftover parts, or are still building them as needed. They may truly unavailable now, or maybe not. Only they can answer that.

I already had the hole in the back of my M11/9 for the TASK conversion that I did 20+ years ago, so the ARRM made sense to me. It has the adjustable gas block, but with the additional flexibility of playing with buffers. I was having fun messing around with buffers and spring this past summer. Not because I see myself changing things around a lot. I typically experiment around looking for the “best” setup for me and then leave it there.

Some of what I experimented with is posted over at AR15.com.

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter