M11

sigfla

FFL/SOT
Took the M11 out today. Fired a few hundred rounds through it. Having alot of trouble with burst fire. The trigger on that thing sucks. I think I worked it out though. Seems like the trigger spring that hits the disconnector was a bit worn out. Bent it a bit and the trip doesn't seem to be able to pull it off the sear anymore in FF mode. Hope that fixed it.

The easy fix is to just pull the trip out but I like the idea of newbies squeezing a few off in SA before they go FA.

stymie

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Life Member,
Did you purchase the M11/9 smg... new?

sigfla...

This would be a good time to pick up a spare parts kit & additional spring sets from any of the COBRAY distributors. Keep close tabs on the bolt notch that engages the sear as some units were not properly heat treated early on. If you have an '85 or '86 gun... you should be ok... although some older bolts were *picked* from available stock & exhibit peening within 500rds. If this is the case... replace or heat treat the bolt after renotching. The year of manufacture is the 1st two digits of the serial #. Rounded edges will cause a runaway!

There's NO comparison between MAC & UZI trigger pulls & there's not much that you can do to reduce that heaviness. Cock your gun & "slowly" pull the trigger. Take notice of any vertical play between the upper & lower receivers at the rear. If you have more than nominal movement, shim it so that it does not pull down. Otherwise, the zytel mag lips will wear very quickly from bolt drag.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
A weak trigger spring was the cause of burst fire in my M11/9. You can bend it a bit or better yet, replace it. Buy a handful, they're cheap. Also take a close look at the point where the disconnector engages the sear. Any excessive wear on this contact point on the sear warrants a replacement. Again, a cheap and easy fix.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter