M11 stock

bruh44

Ok, I had to repeat this thread since all the trouble they ran into, and I never got to read what anybody posted on the last post. I'm looking for a M11 stock. I've seen a few out there that look OK, but some are way to expensive for what the are, others block the pistol grip, and the side folding uzi stock looks like it would be too low for raised sights. Does anybody have any suggestions? Can the Uzi stock that folds under the rear of the gun be made to fit an M11, or how about the colapsing MP5 stock?
thanks all
Brian

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
stocks

Yes, you could adapt a folding UZI stock to the macs, but you could not shoot the gun with it folded because it would cover up the grip.

As for the Mp5 type stock...well then you run into your issue of cost. Those stocks are not cheap and then you have to find someone to fit up to your mac. I am not sure if it would work when collapsed either.

The cheapest best stock that I know of is the Autowerkes fixed FN type stock for about $110. Yes, thats not super cheap either, but good quality work and materials don't come cheap.

For folders you are kind of limited if price is a option. I would steer clear of side folders because most I have used don't lock up tight over time and won't let you shoot them when closed. Besides sidefolding stocks are bulky. I like the ares type UF but they are hard to find now and on the upper end of the price scale too, and to me a little short. I won't mention my UF because we have allready had that conversation before;)

Macs are just one of those SMGs that it seems you have to spend about the cost of the gun in assec. before you feel like you have something IMHO. Just FYI I have never known anyone who was dissappointed by buying the best, it is when you compromise that you have problems.

Best of luck, let me know if you have anymore questions I can help with.

Best

Chris

bruh44

I've looked at those, Im not real impressed. I don't doubt there good stocks, just not what I was hoping for. I've only seen one stock that seems like it would work right, that I really like, but it costs about twice what it should for the parts that are on it. Ill probobly end up the the AR colapsing stock because its cheaper than the others though.

pmf

My M11/9 is still in transfer, but I'm accessorizing at this point. I came to the conclusion that a collapsable M-16 stock is the way to go. I got the adapter from Wheatley at Tactical Innovations. Its said to be rock solid. Collapsable M-16 stocks are all over the place for $30. You can pay more for a Colt one, but you're just buying the name.

I like uzi or HK type collapsable stocks, but they aren't an option with macs. Folders look cool, but I don't think they're really practical. Can the gun even be fired with the stock folded? If not, what's the point? I guess its a little smaller with a folder, but the collapsed M-16 stock isn't very long either. Besides, I don't plan to play commando with mine, just shoot it.

I was considering this folder from stony creek. Its kind of pricey, but not too bad.

http://www.stonycreekarmory.com/products_pages/stonycreek_products_M11.htm

I am going to buy their 10" upper with MP5 sights, foregrip and scope mount. I hear an after market side cocking upper is a necessity.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter