lets talk about gunkote what is you opinion

dsspro

FFL/SOT
is it good, or junk,how does it hold up to scratches and also how does it compare to parkarizing. does it work on aluminum (say like i mill a ar15 reciever to a post m16 will it look ok inside) please let me know.

chrisp929

UZI Talk Life Member
i take the utmost care in cleaning and prepping the parts i have sprayed with the brownells oven cure gun finish .. in matte black ..

i have my concerns .. the matte black isnt matte .. its a semi gloss .. no matter how you spray it .. it coats thick .. not compared to normal paint .. cause it coats THIN compared to normal paint .. but for what most people look for .. it coats thick ... i would advise AGIANST painting any ar15 aluminum parts .. anodize it .. or buy the aluminum version of the quick blue brownells offers .. if you want to touch up bright aluminum ..
also i sand blast all my stuff i have coated .. to give it the premium surface to adhere to .. and i prep after blasting to ensure clean adhesion .. it comes out ok .. but doesnt hold up well to scratches ... i would advise strongly to send out and park your metal parts .. or use NORRELs moly coat .. its MUCH thinner .. and is more like a FILM ..

good luck ..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter