Large pin reciever

Peter O

Hello to the board,

Curious if anyone knows why Colt made large pin recievers? Why didn't they keep everything uniform using small pins?
Also, do the adapters from large to small pins work?

Thanks for your help

Peter

OldBesty

Most are likely going to report it is because they did not want mil-spec LE & Military parts being used on the Civilian products.

I am with opinion the people at Colt are sadists and enjoy watching people suffer the headache they created.

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Misguided attempt to keep military uppers off of civilian ar15s

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
It is my understanding that the original AR-15 made by Fairchild were slab sided with 0.320" non captured pins. The captured pins were one of the requirements from the Government if Colt wanted to sell to them.

Scott

rparsons3

UZI Talk Life Member
Colt has never been civilian friendly since I became gay for colt ARs in the 1980s. Always been told that Colt did a lot to keep full auto out of civilian hands and for some stupid reason doing that would enhance there chances to get government contracts. I've known several NFA dealers back in the day and all of them did not like to deal with Colt. Having said that I have a converted SP1 big hole lower and 5 big hole uppers for it to have variety in the upper I shoot, I do not like those adaptors you asked about, they will work but a little agravating to use. I also have alot of colt AR 15s put up just for the heck of it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter