Is it possible to make the bolt ratchet work on a semi?

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
I did two for bolt hold open on the range. You need to solder or braze a piece of metal inside the end of the charging handle channel of the top cover. If I can find the link where I found out about it
I'll repost.

romat43

I did two for bolt hold open on the range. You need to solder or braze a piece of metal inside the end of the charging handle channel of the top cover. If I can find the link where I found out about it
I'll repost.

That's exactly why I wanted to do it too! Thanks!

tonelar

I used to unscrew the barrel and leave it next to the uzi at the range (there's your empty chamber)

one day a rangemaster was all... "i still want the bolt opened"

Attachments

• semiratchetcover.jpg
    semiratchetcover.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 117

ole442

Banned
Way freakin' too close to the city....especially n
I used to unscrew the barrel and leave it next to the uzi at the range (there's your empty chamber)

one day a rangemaster was all... "i still want the bolt opened"

I think for that guy, I'd slip the top cover off and pull the bolt out , put the top cover back on and walk past him holding the bolt in my hand and say "bolt opened" LOL!

That is what I do(pull the barrel) but I always tell them first when I enter the range.....never had a problem. I also have an orange plastic empty chamber "thingy" that I got from another member here for each of my UZI's. I have recently put one of them in each UZI case/box so I may start just inserting that if it's acceptable to the range monitor! Either way works for me.

tonelar

I think for that guy, I'd slip the top cover off and pull the bolt out , put the top cover back on and walk past him holding the bolt in my hand and say "bolt opened" LOL!

That is what I do(pull the barrel) but I always tell them first when I enter the range.....never had a problem. I also have an orange plastic empty chamber "thingy" that I got from another member here for each of my UZI's. I have recently put one of them in each UZI case/box so I may start just inserting that if it's acceptable to the range monitor! Either way works for me.

I left Cali a few years ago. I’ve heard it’s all actions locked open plus chamber flags, now. We used to get away with spent shotgun shells.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter