I recieved my FNC back from Higgins today

treedawg

I wasn't thrilled with the results and the gun has a few cosmetic problems.

1. All of the milled areas were left in the white.

2. The pin that holds the sear is about an 1/8" too short to make it flush with the reciever. It's also in the white.

3. There's an extra dimple on my reciever next to the sear hole. I'm guessing they were going to drill it for the sear in that location then changed thier mind and drilled it in the current location.

This isn't the type of work I expected for a $550.00 sear install. If it was a $200.00 install I would be more than satisfied, but still not thrilled. The work just looks sloppy to me, but I think I can take care of these problems so I'm not going to send it back to Higgins. I think the guy that sent his gun with mine is going to send his back. His gun has similar problems.

I haven't had a chance to shoot the gun but I'm sure it will function fine.

TD

GreenMtnTac

UZI Talk Life Member
Any idea what the problem is? Has Curtis taken on Gomer Pyle as an apprentice?

I was going to send my gun and sear to him, but not if he's going to FU the install. :eek

HKjay223

UZI Talk Supporter
You got what everyone else got. Thats the standard install. Mine isnt refinished and I dont want it refinished.It would kill the guns value since you would have to strip the original finish to do it correctly plus increase cost. The pin is stainless steel.! The dimple id have a problem with and would call Curtis . I feel your pain since having a problem with my Vector mini but I think you got what you paid for.He milled and modified the receiver,welded and milled the carrier,milled the hammer to spec plus his knowledge of how to make this work is worth $550. I dont know if you the remarked selector points.I think thats extra. .

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter