Form 4 Uzi question?

komodoj

UZI Talk Life Member
Ok guys need some help. My Uzi transfer has been into its fifth month. So I called the Atf today and spoke to a very nice lady and I asked on the status of my form 4, she replied that the form was returned to my dealer on November 5th because the description was filled out wrong??? The nice lady would not elaborate the error?? So my questions are, my dealer should have gotten that form probably by 11/11. I contacted the dealer today and he claims he hasn't gotten it yet? So once he gets the form and returns it will I have to wait an additional 6 months, is there a time frame in which they must receive back an error form fixed? Thank you in advance!

Dockless55

UZI Talk Life Member
I have had 2 "error corrections" in the past 18 months. You may be in good shape. In both cases, which were a minor description error, and leaving out one word in my trust name, after the corrections my stamp arrived within a couple of weeks.

BWE Firearms

UZI Talk Life Member
The dealer has 30 days to return the corrected Form 4. It is not surprising he has not gotten the forms yet, you forget we are talking about the government. It usually takes a couple of days after they "send" the forms for it to actually leave the building. Transfers in Florida are currently taking 12 months so you will definitely have to wait another six.months.

Garrett

The dealer has 30 days to return the corrected Form 4.

That's not very handy. I just received a stack of 5320.20s back from ATF. They were dated 10/24 and postmarked 10/27. The forms didn't get to my mailbox until 11/17. You have another gov agency at work here too.

Todd440

UZI Talk Supporter
Was your uzi listed as multi caliber? If so, they'll make you pick one caliber. My dads vector uzi was sent back for that reason, even though the original form 3 was listed as 3 calibers.

SecondAmend

The dealer has 30 days to return the corrected Form 4. It is not surprising he has not gotten the forms yet, you forget we are talking about the government. It usually takes a couple of days after they "send" the forms for it to actually leave the building. Transfers in Florida are currently taking 12 months so you will definitely have to wait another six.months.

It is my understanding that the BATFE assignment of transfer forms no longer goes by state. It is now a FIFO process. From what I've experienced and seen reported by others, most paper on a Trust, Form 4s are in the 5-7 mo. range. CLEO/fingerprint transfers have always been longer due to the delay caused by the FBI fingerprint check step adding time to the process.

Best of luck and godspeed!

komodoj

UZI Talk Life Member
I have no clue what was actually wrong in the "description" section as I can't get a hold of the dealer at this point? I guess I will have to wait and see. What I cannot understand is that the last form of this Uzi looked identical to my form 4?? Thanks for all the input you guys have written!! I'm hoping that my dealer corrects it, returns it and then my stamp arrives for Xmas!!! That would be AWESOME!!

Basenji703

UZI Talk Supporter
You don't lose your place in line for the correction (at least when it was taking 10-11 months). I had the same problem when I did mine a few years ago. Originally the Form 4 had the folded length and now they want the length with the stock extended. This may be what is wrong...

hzhardy

They kicked back my form 1 and refunded the tax which takes up to 60 days to get a check from the treasury. Now this was done through e-forms if that makes a difference because they would not let me correct it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter