FNC Beginner. RR vs Sear, current pricing, availability of parts, etc.

cjsoccer3

Hi folks,

I’m debating getting an FNC, but would like to just have a better grasp on what to look for. Are RRs more durable than sears or the opposite? How hard is it to get parts? What do these sorts of things cost?

Owning MACs, I’ve really liked their serviceability, I’m curious also if there are any good FNC smiths remaining out there.

Thank You

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
I recently sold my FA FNC with S&H sear and my complete spare semiauto FNC.

Why?

There are virtually no spare parts available; those that are currently may not be in the future. That was the point of having the semi as a parts donor, but semis now cost ~$4K+.

It competes with an M16 which has unlimited spare parts and caliber change options. yes, there is a large price difference but if you need an FNC bolt you'd wish you had never bought a FA FNC.

Gaffshot

Use the search function

Come on man, that's rude. It's a legit question and topic. This isn't HKPro.com and I hope it doesn't turn into that either.

I remember talking to Curtis at the Knob Creek shoot in about 2008 maybe. I almost bought one from him then but I could not get over the un-ergonomic safety selector. I know that he's still in business but for how much longer?

MonsterMan1036

Sear gun, sear repair will be easier than repairing a receiver.

Speaking of I'm going to be listing my TBA built gun up for sale soon.

paco

you just need to find the right buddies to ask the right questions.

AGG

Sear gun--- you can separate and sell them individually.

Tony

TheColtCollector

UZI Talk Life Member
Come on man, that's rude. It's a legit question and topic. This isn't HKPro.com and I hope it doesn't turn into that either.

His original question of are parts available and can I buy them has been posed all the time. It’s a legit question. But he could have just as easily spent 2 seconds looking and found it in a blink of an eye is all I’m saying

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter