Flemming M11/22LR question

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
IIRC, I believe the reason a lot of people use 'Flemming' instead of 'Fleming' when talking about these units is because an early manual actually spelled Flemming with two M's. I believe it was just a typo. The later manual had the spelling corrected. I'm pulling all this from memory from long ago so I may be incorrect
Ya know there really is no excuse for me to have made this mistake. I believe it’s spelled correctly on the upper itself, I also have dozens of old Fleming firearms ads in vintage 80s gun magazines like machine gun news. They all had the Fleming ad with the hot babes and the Delorean on the back cover.

A note on my recoil spring being cut back to 86 coils:
I bought 3 of the M11-22 kits for M10's. I got 2 of them working flawlessly. The 3rd one came straight from the devil and I never could get it running correctly.
About the recoil spring-- I had to tune the kits for reliability, which included trimming the recoil spring. So, from Fleming the spring was longer.
I made fairly detailed posts years ago on this forum that covered getting these kits up and running. Most info should still be available here.
Unfortunately it seems that uzitalk has deleted much of its archives and the majority of posts over a few years old are no longer accessible, unless it’s something I’m doing wrong on my end.

Deerhurst I have a spring winder attachment for my atlas lathe.
Never saw one for my emco 13x40. Or a taper attachment for that matter now that I think about it.

Not sure I'd pay todays asking price for a Mac or UZI 22 kit.
I sold the IMI 22 kit when I got the fleming kit due to no mags for the IMI kit and I only had two. Now they are close to 2k or possibly more.
Same with my M10 22 kit it was 600 and that was what I sold the UZI kit for.
Flemming kits are bring mad loot today also 1700+ last I saw.

I haven't checked yet but it looks like a UZI recoil spring might work.
And the rod too for that matter.
note: it would need cut to leangth and need a groove turned on the end to capture the C clip. Also the old rod would either need drilled out of the rear plate or just make a new rear plate.
It's only square thin sheet metal.

Anyone interested in,winding a spring should check out Quin's Utube vide.
Her channel is called blondihacks she's OK and really pushes the limits of her machines.

I have an extra Uzi rod and spring floating around I believe. I am gonna try this. I know the buffer plate on the Fleming is just a 1/4” thick piece of sheet steel, so that part is simple enough. I am gonna chop the Uzi rod to the correct length and either groove it for a C clip or drill it for a roll pin. I’ll cut the spring to the correct length and then fabricate a buffer plate. Do you think the Uzi spring should be cut to the same length as the Fleming spring? Or is it a heavier spring that needs to be a little shorter?

root

UZI Talk Supporter
I need to check the dia. of the spring coil to see if it is the same.
If memory serves right the UZI spring is wound tighter and the piano wire is thicker.
But I have never had one off the rod either since I haven't needed to or looked at the recoil rod lately.

Try 3/16 sheet or 14 guage the plate really isn't more then sheet metal.
It doesn't do anything accept keep the rod straight so it probably won't matter but 1/4 is kinda thick compared to mine.
I can get pix of the plate if you need them.
I left the upper out on the workbench yesterday instead of putting it away.

Ya a lot of uzitalk threads are long gone for some reason.
Other forums also.

I blame CERN and those damn meddling scientists.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I need to check the dia. of the spring coil to see if it is the same.
If memory serves right the UZI spring is wound tighter and the piano wire is thicker.
But I have never had one off the rod either since I haven't needed to or looked at the recoil rod lately.

Try 3/16 sheet or 14 guage the plate really isn't more then sheet metal.
It doesn't do anything accept keep the rod straight so it probably won't matter but 1/4 is kinda thick compared to mine.
I can get pix of the plate if you need them.
I left the upper out on the workbench yesterday instead of putting it away.

Ya a lot of uzitalk threads are long gone for some reason.
Other forums also.

I blame CERN and those damn meddling scientists.
Weird, the one I am using for reference in photos looks to be even thicker than 1/4” honestly. I tried shoving an Uzi rod with the spring on it into the flemming bolt, no dice, it’s too thick and won’t fit. It honestly feels like it would fit if I just took a sander to the OD of the spring a little, it just BARELY doesn’t fit by a hair.

IMG_9554.png
IMG_9555.png

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter