Fixing parkerized mags

MuzzleFlash

UZI Talk Life Member
OK, this is a n00bie tech question. I just received 10 "new" CETME mags from Tapco. The entire mag is black parked including the follower. I find it a bit hard to believe that new Spanish mags are built this way.

Bench loading and unloading reveals that the follower to mag body interface hangs and jams. Presumably this is due to friction between the coarse grain parkerized surfaces. I would expect these to feed like crap at the range.

I'm more familiar with the G3 mags but they won't fit in my CA receiver. The G3 mags are blued or anodized and have stainless followers for lower friction feeding. I'd just send these back if I could get G3 mags to work in the CA receiver.

Any suggestions on easily removing the park on the follower or moding the mag well for G3 mags? It's a recent CA Sporter with what Century refers to as the "original-style" receiver.

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
To remove the park on the follower I would use a Dremel with attached wire brush. If you don't have a dremel you can get the wire brush attachment and put it in a hand drill?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter