F/A vector uzi with a 45acp conversion

buckaroo1236

I have a full size uzi the back of the receiver has been rewelded by vector about 8 years ago my question is does shooting 45acp in it harm the receiver more than 9mm

b_saan

I have a full size uzi the back of the receiver has been rewelded by vector about 8 years ago my question is does shooting 45acp in it harm the receiver more than 9mm
No issues with the many rounds of 45ACP I've fired through mine suppressed or unsuppressed but its a factory IMI UZI. Check your welds if you're worried but if it was rewelded they likely did a good job and it will hold up for it's average life expectancy.

MarkV

Ditto on above, it doesn't seem to matter with the Model 45... but that's an IMI conversion.

az_gun_nut

UZI Talk Supporter
Cut down a semiauto buffer... Experiment with the thickness as it will increase your rate of fire. But it WILL save your receiver from future damage.

Hassayamper

I was told to buy a couple of spare back plates if I would be shooting a lot of .45 in mine. Over time they will take the brunt of the recoil and become deformed. Apex and other parts suppliers have surplus plates for a very modest cost. BWE machined some from scratch that are more expensive but sure to be the best available. I don't know if they are still being sold after his death.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter