Cost of building AR-15 ?

roarincreek

UZI Talk Supporter
AIM has Stag Arms lower for $99 and upper for $475. grip, stock and misc lower parts?Is there much savings this way?thanks.

suka5168

UZI Talk Life Member
building a gun may run a little more, as you'd most definatly buy better than stock parts. ie: triggers, better stockes, spring sets, SHIPPING etc. unless the build will be a cheap slap on parts from surplus parts etc,

Builds usall run a bit less with cheap parts. with upgraded parts they run more. :cool

roarincreek

UZI Talk Supporter
thanks,got a new catalog today ,made me "NEED" something again.looked like 700$ to build and 1000 to buy.just what I need another project.like the $900, 1919 that still isnt riveted,or fal that needs stock ect...

drw

UZI Talk Life Member
The sky is the limit if you want to spend the money. The last AR-15 that I assembled was about $450 including freight. It shoots very well. I wasn't in a hurry to assemble the rifle and bought the parts when the deal was good.

montana_jeepn

UZI Talk Supporter
My RRA

I just built a RRA rifle. I bought some of the parts used (the lower, upper, and trigger were all new) and built exactly what I wanted. I splurged in areas such as the tuned trigger and having it cut down and a phantom welded on to make it 16". (subtract $205 for those) I also already had a rear flip up sight and aimpoint so I didn't have to buy those.

RRA Rifle
complete lower $225 (ftf so no taxes/fees)
tan vltor $125
tan TD grip $26
RRA M4 chromelined upper $430
machine work and FH $90
WOA tuned 2-stage trigger $115
sold A2 stock -$60

Total: $951

Not bad for a rifle configured exactly like I want it. I think you can probably find some great deals out there for complete, already built rifles. And if they are configured exactly like you want, then that is the way to go. However, if you plan on doing a lot of mods, then I would recommend building it up yourself and only buying the parts you need.

roarincreek

UZI Talk Supporter
Rguns seems to have the best prices?Dpms lower $99 or lower w/4 p stock for 199$ also a entry level ar for $599? anyone have a dpms gun? I spent a long time trying to get a dpms fnfal receiver into a working gun. thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter