AK Pistols

deepocean

Anybody have a favorite AK pistol? If you have one, does the shorter barrel make them more difficult to control? What about balance?

What is a typical length for an AK pistol?

Vigilante

All I can say is DONT buy from sierra arms. You can make one yourself for a lot cheaper, and of more quality.

harleypower69

I have no experience with AK pistols, however my AR pistol has a 7.5 inch barrel. It is loud as hell but does not kick. I hold it silouette style, one hand on pistol grip one hand wrapped up and over fore end. I have not shot an AK style or caliber so I can't help you with that question. Short pistols that shoot rifle calibers are fun, a good way to avoid having to file for an SBR but not sure if they really have a use other than fun. If you do buy one get the fastest twist barrel available to stabilize your bullets.

Chris

jetskrtal

UZI Talk Life Member
I built one from a Romy G kit a couple years ago.Built it ,test fired it,then buried it in the back of one of the safe's.
Kinda neat toy,but not something I'd waste another kit to build.
p.jpg

LGustin

FFL/C&R, UZI Talk Supporter,
My neighbor has a blond pistol that has never been fired that he is wanting to sell. I think he has a few mags for it as well. I am not sure what he is asking for it, I think he paid $700 or $800. He has had it for about a year or so and he said the other day he wanted to get rid of it. My GUESS is he would take $500 to $600 for it.

captshiess

UZI Talk Supporter
I always wanted an AK pistol, but I opted out when I had the chance to get a full size rifle. It just seems like it would go to waste and it wouldn't get shot. Now a nice SBR is another story. I still want to get a Yugo Krink before it is too late. Although I'm not sure C3 stuff will go for a while.

piratesover40

UZI Talk Life Member
captshiess said:
I always wanted an AK pistol, but I opted out when I had the chance to get a full size rifle. It just seems like it would go to waste and it wouldn't get shot. Now a nice SBR is another story. I still want to get a Yugo Krink before it is too late. Although I'm not sure C3 stuff will go for a while.

I think of my pistol like this. It's an underfolder without the stock if I had an underfolder I'd shoot it from the hip anyway. I shoot mine all the time. But I have thought about SBR aand then I think about not having to pay $200.

Quarterbore

UZI Talk Life Member
I have an AMD-65 built as a pistol and frankly it is not much fun to shoot and I have considered removing the pistol rear trunion and adding a stock and welding on a longer flash to make it a rifle.

Just really impractical toy and other then shooting it a few times when I first built it it has sat in the back of the safe for several years. FWIW, I like my AR-15 pistol a little better but I really don't use that much either. I sold my AR-10 Pistol off soon after it was built as that was insanly impractical.

These are toys for those that already have everything else they need or want.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Quarterbore said:
FWIW, I like my AR-15 pistol a little better but I really don't use that much either.

These are toys for those that already have everything else they need or want.
I couldn't agree more. Shortly after the ban expired, I built an AR-15 pistol from a stripped lower that's marked as "pistol" and the caliber is listed as "multi". I shot it exactly once, putting twenty rounds thru it for function testing using my 7 1/2" upper I already owned for my M-16. I've never had any desire to own one, but I was hedging my bet against any future AWBs that prohibit pistols weighing more than 50 ounces. I can easily add a butt stock and legal length barrel if I decide I need another rifle. Not so easy with an AK.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter