AK-47 Pistol Recoil

nobody

Restricted User
Does anyone have any experience with a AK-47 Pistol? What is the recoil like? Can you hit anything (intentionally that is)?

buzzer

UZI Talk Life Member
I have 2 of them - one on a Hesse receiver, kind of beat up, the other is on an OOW receiver and is pristine. Don't know why I bought them - kind of silly - just had to have them and I don't think they will be around for long.

I am dying to try them. I just found out the indoor range 5 min from my office has a special section for rifles. They also allow FA. I took my mini in there and turned some heads.

Alas, I have not taken the AK pistols in yet but they are ready to go. I understand the fireball is pretty impressive. As for recoil and hitting anything, I don't know - yet.

I will post when I try it.

the brass man

UZI Talk Supporter, , DA' Beans!!
it's a BLAST!!!!!

Just shot my home built FrankenKrink this weekend, and all I can say is DAMN!!!!! The recoil is not that big of a deal, but the fireball/nuclear explosion is Kick ass!! after the first shot, I could not stop smiling and giggleing. Next time I go shooting, i will take pics. By the way, I built the pistol on a Tapco flat, with an amd 65 parts kit. Total cost for the build: less than $100. After this weekend, I love my new SHTF lap gun.

Chris

nobody

Restricted User
brass man:

How did you bend the flat?
How did you attach the rails?
Did you harden the receiver or the pin holes, and how?
What type of muzzle brake do you have?
What barrel length?

Last edited:

the brass man

I used a plinker jig to bend the flat
Heat treated the rails and the holes with a map torch until the receiver wouldn't take a magnet, and quenched, then re-heated the recvr. until it started to "blue"
put the rails on with a modified spot welder.
i decided not to put any flashider on it at all yet, looking for a good deal on a krink F/H
and the barrel length is standard amd65 length (11-11.5"?)

I also cut the front sight off of its base, leaving the muzzel device stud in place, and fitted the sight to the gas block and filled in the gaps to make it look like a krink FSB was on there. i am not going to lie, my pistol is friggin UGLY, but sweet at the same time. kinda like a kid who only his mother could love his face, ya know? if ya want, i will post a pic of it. LMK.

chris

the brass man

i am going to try to post a pic, might work, might not, but here goes......

sorry it took so long to post the pic, camera was out of the country with the wife on vacation.

the plinker jig is a great contraption that you bend up a flat with, using a 12-20 ton press. check out ak47.net

chris

Attachments

• ak pistol 002.jpg
    ak pistol 002.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 392
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter