1th & 2th UZI bild

w.j.claxon

1st & 2nd UZI build

My 1st uzi build was a year or so ago.Before the fall knob creek mgs,bought my receiver from KY imports [371.00] with tax,all welded together and nice finish.Now were to get the rest of the parts. So with receiver in tow ,off to knob creek i went,to pick up a uzi kit ,i thought, ha. Fortunately my first stop was a nice uzi display by VectorArms and man named Rex Merrill ,who got me strate on all the ins & outs of building uzi,s .To make this short, Vector was my first & last stop for parts,walked out of there with 9mm uzi in hand. Thanks Rex
My 2nd uzi is ongoing now ,Grope Ind. bend reciever in the white ,machining receiver to spec. and welding parts on. At this time reciever is98% done lower grip lug is only thing left,to weld on ,waiting to get lower,bolt &barrel from Vector arms at knobcreek in april.:heavy :heavy :heavy :heavy :D :D :D

Last edited:

hitme

I have been looking at those bent receivers and was wondering how much trouble it would be to put together. i can see they are a bit too long, and need to be welded in a couple of places, but it seems doable. Any tips?

w.j.claxon

UZI build 1&2

HITME, bent receiver flats by group ind. are very doable, if you are a machinist or have knowledge of running a milling machine, other wise i would not try it. it is not very cost effective, if you consider your time and preparation and study.
For me this was labor of love , and being cheep,ha,ha.
I like working on guns,mostly my own,and some times for frinds,so far i have about 45hr. in this uzi project,the uzitalk maintance and how to section willbe very helpful. It has taken me
this long ,because i am very meticulous in my gun building, I have found that not all the dimensions on the prints here at uzitalk are
correct for a group ind receiver,some are some are not,and not every bent flat is the same grade,some are to short in leight to start with,and un even,if you turn the receiver upside down on a table with all four ears touching the flat surface of the table,you can see if it is bent uneven or not.the with inside will usually be ok
to long is better in leight,about .187 from undreneight at where the bayonet lug goes from the frount of the receiver is ok longer is better.
I also made all my own parts, feed ramp, ejector, back plate, grip lug, and four arm lug.receiver and parts all have been
blued adeep dark black.
If you deside to build one,and need help, you can e-mail me at wjcshoot@msn.com

joel:D :D :heavy :heavy :heavy :50_cal

cookie

Founder
Are you documenting your work with photos? It would be great to have a photo series to post on the site when you're done.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter