Search results

1. Captain Scarlet

Vietnam Era FN Manufacture UZI's sourced by CIA via Interarms and supplied to MACV SOG and ARVN forces

I am honored to get a direct and honest reply from you Sir! Happy Passover.
  2. Captain Scarlet

Vietnam Era FN Manufacture UZI's sourced by CIA via Interarms and supplied to MACV SOG and ARVN forces

Back to the subject at hand. Ah yes, the Belgian contract CIA procured UZI's. Gaboury raised an interesting point in his book on FN contract UZI's. Chapter 13. The FN - IMI licensing agreement of 1958. That license agreement allowed FN to manufacture all UZI parts except seven. Those seven parts...
  3. Captain Scarlet

From Gaboury's book, I derived information to fabricate an IMI sling from a U.S. surplus map case shoulder strap. The leather keepers are so called m 1907 variety, which were too small for their original use, and a pair of matching friction buckles. End tabs are easy to salvage and re install...
  4. Captain Scarlet

The UZI Book - Order a copy now!!!

This johnny come lately just received a copy via Amazon. I am very pleased with this book.
  5. Captain Scarlet

Just received my copy of The Uzi Sub Machine Gun Examined by David Gaboury, and I am very pleased. Especially with his coverage of the FN Variants and US procurements during the 1960s.
  6. Captain Scarlet

Cropped photos of the Saigon police UZI during Tet Offensive, February 1968.
  7. Captain Scarlet

Amazing. Saw these peddled as Special Forces, etc. Too funny.
  8. Captain Scarlet

Another aspect to consider is the magazines issued in Vietnam. 32 rd vs 25? Likely both.
  9. Captain Scarlet

Anyone ever come across this pouch? Sterile. CIDG, CISO? MACV SOG?
  10. Captain Scarlet

The South Vietnamese Police Officer has an interesting mag pouch. It looks neither German nor IDF. Maybe Belgium? The sling appears to be German or IDF. I would expect to see the M16 nylon sling or M1 Carbine.
  11. Captain Scarlet

Hello, Perhaps a segway to introduce myself. Found this forum researching Vietnam era UZIs. I find the FN variant interesting. That's all. Thank you for your vast Intel. Teo

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter